Dock Items in 10.1

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there a way to get the cool dock icons like the battery level, airport, and displays back into the dock in OS 10.1? I'm going to try copying them to another location before upgrading my fresh-installed system to 10.1, but any other ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I thought the battery one had a cool graphic, but I'm glad to see it back up in the menubar where it belongs. It took up too much space when it was in the dock, IMO.

-Ender
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Ender:

<strong>I thought the battery one had a cool graphic, but I'm glad to see it back up in the menubar where it belongs. It took up too much space when it was in the dock, IMO.

-Ender</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would like both
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Reinstall OS X 10.0 on a test machin or on another partition/hard drive and copy the Dock items

• Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Benjamin:

<strong>Reinstall OS X 10.0 on a test machin or on another partition/hard drive and copy the Dock items

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hehe - it works great!!! Now I have all those pretty dock icons back!!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Could you post them somewhere? I forgot to copy them when I upgraded.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    [quote]Originally posted by graphiteman:

<strong>Could you post them somewhere? I forgot to copy them when I upgraded.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd like to second that request! I'd really like to get them too. My PowerBook came with an install of 10.1 so I never got the chance to get those docklings.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Hello? Going to share with the rest of the kids?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    This is the the Battery Monitor.

I saved it a long time ago, but I haden't do the other one. I'll post them later if you really want them.

<a href="http://www.macosx.be/perso/BatteryMonitor.dock.sit"; target="_blank">Battery Monitor.dock</a>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Benjamin:

<strong>This is the the Battery Monitor.

I saved it a long time ago, but I haden't do the other one. I'll post them later if you really want them.

<a href="http://www.macosx.be/perso/BatteryMonitor.dock.sit"; target="_blank">Battery Monitor.dock</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Yay! Thanks for the battery monitor. I'd really appreciate the other one(s) that there are.

-Y