Mac OS X 10.5.5 build 9F17 now in developers' hands

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Alongside the public release of iPhone Software v2.0.2 on Monday, Apple also provided its Mac OS X developers with a new private build of the upcoming Mac OS X 10.5.5 Update, AppleInsider has been told.

Those familiar with the software say the new seed, labeled Mac OS X 10.5.5 build 9F17, introduces five new fixes, bringing the total number of code corrections expected as part of the release to 120.

Specifically, Apple is said to have addressed issues with iCal Invitations and read-only local calendars, Back to My Mac, Mail syncing, and CoreAnimation.

As was the case with build 9F13, released last Wednesday, the new pre-release seed is reported to contain no known issues. Apple also made no changes to a list of two dozen core focus areas, which continue to include components such as AirPort, graphics drivers, iCal, iChat, networking, screen sharing, and Time Machine.

Mac OS X 10.5.5 is expected for release sometime in the coming weeks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    These people don't stop working !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Looks like they're putting a lot of effort into this one. Hopefully this will be the last major big fix for leopard.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Hopefully this will be the last major big fix for leopard.

There will be a 10.5.6, 10.5.7, 10.5.8, etc. at least until the release of 10.6.0 Snow Leopard.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    crebcreb Posts: 276member
    I'm just happy Apple is addressing issues?as they should be. I do not care how many updates happen before Snow Leopard as each one leads closer to perfection.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

There will be a 10.5.6, 10.5.7, 10.5.8, etc. at least until the release of 10.6.0 Snow Leopard.

I said major. Hopefully 10.5.6 and on will be about more minor issues.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    This'll probably be released to coincide with iPhone 2.1 to better support whatever new features that will bring. Personally, I'm thinking that the graphics card drivers have seen a lot of work, which may explain why development on Gears of War, UT3, and CoD4 has been so quiet. They are probably waiting for 10.5.5 to be released.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I wonder if it'll be released at the same time as the new iPods and MacBooks? Or has Apple learned to stagger product releases?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neil Anderson View Post

I wonder if it'll be released at the same time as the new iPods and MacBooks?

It is possible that the new MacBooks might require 10.5.5.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

It is possible that the new MacBooks might require 10.5.5.

They will probably get it 10.5.5 considering that they are probably still at least 3 weeks away, but Apple doesn't have to put 10.5.5 on them. All they have to do is release a unique build of 10.5.4 that has the appropriate drivers.

Any word on the actual date of this special event? Any word on Intel fixing their Integrated graphics issues yet? I have a feeling that the MBs will at least be shipping a month or so after the Apple event; that only the iPods will be available right away, and maybe the MBPs.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    ikirikir Posts: 127member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ltcommander.data View Post

This'll probably be released to coincide with iPhone 2.1 to better support whatever new features that will bring. Personally, I'm thinking that the graphics card drivers have seen a lot of work, which may explain why development on Gears of War, UT3, and CoD4 has been so quiet. They are probably waiting for 10.5.5 to be released.

I really hope that this is the case, some gfx-drivers need a lot of work like the GMA ones. Even if the GMa is slow by itself, the drivers ofr OSX needs a lot of work.