iPhone Battery Life

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am sorry, but iPhone Battery life sucks big time, it's really bothering me that by 5pm, (had full charge @ 10am) it's got only 35% remaining. I had one of those Samsung Blackjacks and would go 4 days or more without a charge! I am sad...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tell me about it.

I can't leave my house without a charger. I find charging it every night helps.

By the way, does anyone know if the APple Care plan covers diminished battery life on the iphone? LIke, if it starts sucking REALLY bad will they replace it?

thanks
  • Reply 2 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hankx32 View Post

I am sorry, but iPhone Battery life sucks big time, it's really bothering me that by 5pm, (had full charge @ 10am) it's got only 35% remaining. I had one of those Samsung Blackjacks and would go 4 days or more without a charge! I am sad...

How would you say your use patterns with the iPhone compare to what you were doing with the Blackjack? For instance, are you using the web browser and media features more?

I ask because my impression is that the iPhone's battery is actually pretty comparable to other (3G) phones in its class, but most people make much heavier use of the iPhone's battery draining features because it's easy to do.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

How would you say your use patterns with the iPhone compare to what you were doing with the Blackjack? For instance, are you using the web browser and media features more?

I ask because my impression is that the iPhone's battery is actually pretty comparable to other (3G) phones in its class, but most people make much heavier use of the iPhone's battery draining features because it's easy to do.

I get pretty good use out of my iPhone battery. Depending on the day (830am-5pm), I usually talk for around 1-2 hrs during my normal work day, surf the web around 1-2hrs, and send/receive around 5-20 text. I usual get in my car with 50% battery. I usually have 3g on, no wifi, no push, GPS on.

Somedays, when I dont use the phone as much, I will leave the office with around 80-90%. If I turn off 3g, GPS, wifi, and push (which I did up north this week), and use it for txt and phone I went around 14 hours, and had 30% left.

Then again, I have spent all day playing with the phone, with all services on-and I get around 6 hrs before I get the 20% warning

All in all, this doesn't have the best battery life compared to my old blackberry pearl (with GPS, and wifi)-but, i dont care. THis phone rocks

if you need battery time, turn off the features, and I think you can go 24hrs without charge
  • Reply 4 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by acumarino View Post

I get pretty good use out of my iPhone battery. Depending on the day (830am-5pm), I usually talk for around 1-2 hrs during my normal work day, surf the web around 1-2hrs, and send/receive around 5-20 text. I usual get in my car with 50% battery. I usually have 3g on, no wifi, no push, GPS on.

Somedays, when I dont use the phone as much, I will leave the office with around 80-90%. If I turn off 3g, GPS, wifi, and push (which I did up north this week), and use it for txt and phone I went around 14 hours, and had 30% left.

Then again, I have spent all day playing with the phone, with all services on-and I get around 6 hrs before I get the 20% warning

All in all, this doesn't have the best battery life compared to my old blackberry pearl (with GPS, and wifi)-but, i dont care. THis phone rocks

if you need battery time, turn off the features, and I think you can go 24hrs without charge

Were you spending 1-2 hours a day surfing with your Pearl?