Apple developers get new builds of Safari 4, Mac OS X 10.5.5

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by columbus View Post

The latest version of Safari, the one discussed in this article.

Oh 4.0b, now I get it!

Perhaps this is more of hint that Apple are going to kill Aqua than anything else. Not sure about purple on purple, but the idea of Aqua being dead is beautiful.

The Green demon has this seed.
  • Reply 62 of 70

Blue on blue? Better?

Obviously on the real thing the "Cancel" button would be a tad more prominent, but you get the idea. The point of this is its color, i.e. it's not purple.

After all these were purple (and orange) at one stage, before they went to blue:

• Reply 63 of 70
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'd like a feature that probably isn't possible ... The ability to totally emulate Internet Explorer as if running within Windows and all that Active X crap when needed (as in 'go into DUMB MODE'). Then I could ditch Windows totally which my wife has to use to access sites that refuse to work unless using winblows and IE (That would be the Realtor's Florida MLS in my wife's case). Please don't tell me MLS works in Canada or elsewhere on a Mac with Safari, I believe it, but it sure as hell doesn't in Florida grrrrrr.

I would either change professions or move to another state before I would use Microsoft software.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    4.0 is snappy. It's most definitely noticeable.
  • Reply 65 of 70
    Hi!

I ve tryed it and its really really Fast!

BUT IT CRASHES almost every time I use it!!
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gurubez View Post

Hi!

I ve tryed it and its really really Fast!

BUT IT CRASHES almost every time I use it!!

Well it is Beta. Though I agree, I ditched it right away. Even my new site looks odd on it, and it's not a website bug, it's a browser bug.

With one post I've concern you work for iCab, but I'll try it nonetheless, I last tried it 2 years ago lol.

Update: I tried it, I prefer Safari, and found it just as fast.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    Well I ve downgraded to Safari 4 1st Review,

cause its more stable than the new one...te 1st Version never crashes bit the new one after 5 Minutes....

so what....
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Hi Comunity,

I am testing now the second edition of safari 4

and I found out that the reason why safari crashs every time in my case is the

"Saft" PlugIn.

I ve tryed to delete it and look what happend and now I am using safari about 24 Hours without crashing...

maybe that was the problem....

PithHelmet doesn t make any problems...
  • Reply 69 of 70
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gurubez View Post

Hi Comunity,

I am testing now the second edition of safari 4

and I found out that the reason why safari crashs every time in my case is the

"Saft" PlugIn.

I ve tryed to delete it and look what happend and now I am using safari about 24 Hours without crashing...

maybe that was the problem....

PithHelmet doesn t make any problems...

You shouldn't use plug-ins with betas without test first. Thats an old rule. You try them one at a time, only AFTER you know the beta is stable without them.

That's the point of beta TESTING. Betas are not intended for everyday use.
  • Reply 70 of 70
    Yea thats why I got back to the Safari 4 (5526.11.2) where all my plugIns worked perfectly

and its quiet faster than Safari 3.1.2