DVD player update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
This is strange--I have DVD Player update 3.0.1 in software update, but 3.0.1 is already the version I have installed on my system!

Was this a naming error on Apple's part, or did I somehow get this update put in my updater for some odd reason when it is old? I cannot remember the last time I downloaded anything from SWupdate, let alone a DVD player update.

Should I get it or just leave it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:

<strong>

Should I get it or just leave it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I doubt if it would hurt to install it.

J :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    [quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:

<strong>This is strange--I have DVD Player update 3.0.1 in software update, but 3.0.1 is already the version I have installed on my system!

Was this a naming error on Apple's part, or did I somehow get this update put in my updater for some odd reason when it is old? I cannot remember the last time I downloaded anything from SWupdate, let alone a DVD player update.

Should I get it or just leave it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's probably just missing the reciept. Installing it will do nothing except replace the app with the same version of the app and also place a receipt file in your library folder so you wouldn't get the option to download it again. When software update checks to see what you need to upgrade, the receipts is what it's checking, fyi.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Alright thanks guys...I'll probably just put it in the ignore list with all the language support stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    just an aside - horned_frog, thank you for mentioning making it inactive. i didn't realize you could do that until you mentioned it. then i poked around for 5 seconds and found it. i was sure getting tired of the constant language update reminders. thanks dude.