AT&T adds new international iPhone data plans

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
AT&T said Tuesday it's expanding international data offerings to help keep iPhone customers connected around the world. Beginning tomorrow, the carrier said it begin offering two new plans that "accommodate iPhone customers' increasing reliance on data services while traveling abroad."

For discounted international data usage in 67 countries, a 100 MB iPhone plan will be available for an additional $119.99 a month, while a 200 MB plan will cost an additional $199.99 a month. These new plans are in addition to existing plans for smartphones, including iPhone, which offer 20 MB and 50 MB in the same countries.

There are no long-term commitments required, so customers can add or remove these plans to their existing packages on an as-needed basis. For more information about international coverage and rates, you can visit AT&T's international page or call 866-MOBILITY.

The discounted data roaming package rate applies in: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Barbados, The Bahamas, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Martinique, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, The Netherlands, Netherland Antilles, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, South Korea, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, United Kingdom and Vatican City.

Rate outside the 67 discounted countries is $.010/KB except in Algeria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Brunei, Faroe Islands, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Macau, Macedonia (former Yugoslavia), Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Venezuela, where the rate is $0.0195/KB.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Wow. I don't know about y'all but that is some serious a55-raping rates.

It is interesting that in many countries prepaid 3G data at nice bulk data rates has not quite taken off yet.

It is only now with the iPhone 3G, and new mobility devices by Apple, that honestly, I could plough through 100mb even on an iPhone 3G in like 20 minutes.

I sense a massive opening for MVNOs who are going to do decent prepaid 3G data rates, alongside the iPhone 3G software unlock which should be delivered in several weeks, perhaps a few months, time.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    In the developed and developing countries, mobile bandwidth is now a resource drip-fed to the people, like clean water and fresh air.

(Okay... erm. it's a late night, I'll be off to bed soon... LOL.)
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Last insight for the evening.

Mobile bandwidth is the spice of our times... Travel to any part of the known [world] without moving...

He who controls spice... controls the [world]...

In this time, the most precious substance ... is the spice. The spice extends [digital] life. The spice expands [digital] consciousness.

If we walk without rhythm [using hacked iPhones], we won't attract the worms [of the evil telcos].

The spice must flow! Who amongst us, will be the Fremen of the mobile space! Who will be our Muad'dib that will break the chains of spice-slavery! (and then become a Tyrant themself)!

-Ruminations, found in the archives of House Nvidia
  • Reply 4 of 8
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Ah, well, if patterns teach [...] anything it's that patterns are repeated. [AT&T's] oppressions, by and large, are no worse than any of the others...

-The Stolen Journals

• Reply 5 of 8
    Nice one.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    so for 1 month of 200MB worth of data you pay as much as you paid for the iPhone. Dear Lord - who are these people that cann add on $200 A MONTH to their plans?!?!?!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    AT&T FORCED me to buy an almost 20% more expensive plan starting in October. I've been with them since it was Celular One. I have three phones. I may leave over this and give up my iPhone.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    What pisses me off the most is that Blackberry users can get a $70 unlimited international plan! Sure, it requires a commitment and is limited to EDGE only (until the Bold), but it's a much better bargain if you're going to be traveling a lot. The iPhone needs a plan like this.... Or at least give 500 MB or 1 GB. I could easily use 100 MB in a day (on 3G). AT&T needs to stop treating the iPhone like it's special with all their "iPhone only" crap, like mandatory data plans and the cruddy international packages.