Quicktime for streaming TV & Audio

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
It seems to me that Quicktime is losing out, big time, versus Flash for video streaming. Even the venerable BBC is proposing to use Flash for all its services for internet TV and most streamed audio is on Real Player.

So what do you all think Apple needs to do to get Quicktime back in the mainstream as a leading platform for DRM (of necessity) protected TV & Video?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by syganymede View Post

It seems to me that Quicktime is losing out, big time, versus Flash for video streaming. Even the venerable BBC is proposing to use Flash for all its services for internet TV and most streamed audio is on Real Player.

So what do you all think Apple needs to do to get Quicktime back in the mainstream as a leading platform for DRM (of necessity) protected TV & Video?

Speaking as someone who works for a large media corporation.. more help and documentation. I try to get the word out, believe me. I think we'd benefit hugely to start pushing our HD content through QT streaming. I think many people like the versatility that flash offers, fancy embeds, and video suggestions after video completion. QT just needs more developers willing to make it happen. Once people see what can be done with QT they'll be more likely to embrace....

I'm trying