Final Cut Studio 3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Double posting in Mac OS X Applications and Mac Hardware (pls move where appropriate, thx)

So this is my prediction

Logic Studio 1 is out, Aperture 2 is out and both are state of the art, but Final Cut Studio 2 is now lagging.

Things i think to come. I think the Mac Pros will get Blu ray BTO in fall with the Nehalem Xeon upgrade.

I also think that NAB 2009 will feature FCS3 with Disc Studio Pro 5 and Compressor 4 that support Blu ray and all its codecs along with uncompressed 8K 16bit footage (hey even doubled number above 4K is 8K and the RED Epic is 5K 16bit and will be supported) and FCP will get Surround sound export with Soundtrack Pro with DTS 2.0 channel, DTS5.1 , DTS High Res7.1, DTS High Res Master Audio 7.1

With Dolby 2.0, Dolby 5.1, Dolby High REs 7.1, Dolby High Res True HD 7.1

And PCM/LPCM 7.1

Then in fall 2009, we';ll get MBPs with BD BTO

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    I think the next Mac Pro update will not get a Blu-ray drive; however, I do think that when Final Cut Studio 3 is released Apple will add the option to get a Blu-ray drive.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    From what I understand we shouldn't expect FCS3 until NAB since it's going through a complete rewrite of the code. I'm hoping it gets a GUI refresh to make look and feel similar to Aperature, Logic, FC Server. I personally like a dark gray GUI for video apps (what I like more is an ability to change the color of the app similar to what Adobe's doing with AE, etc.).

So, let's hope a lot of this gets worked out soon.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wally007wally007 Posts: 121member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

From what I understand we shouldn't expect FCS3 until NAB since it's going through a complete rewrite of the code. I'm hoping it gets a GUI refresh to make look and feel similar to Aperature, Logic, FC Server. I personally like a dark gray GUI for video apps (what I like more is an ability to change the color of the app similar to what Adobe's doing with AE, etc.).

So, let's hope a lot of this gets worked out soon.

It better get huge facelift. People like to pick on Adobe for not releasing 64bit , well threaded apps yet forget that apple themselves havent released anything 64bit either. And Apple had luxury of knowing ( unlike Adobe and others ) that Carbon isnt making it to 64bit.

Also lets see what Motion 4 can bring. As it is , Motion 3 is still far far from threatening After Effects. But if they release Shake's successor then Motion 4 can stay as simple as it is.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wally007 View Post

It better get huge facelift. People like to pick on Adobe for not releasing 64bit , well threaded apps yet forget that apple themselves havent released anything 64bit either. And Apple had luxury of knowing ( unlike Adobe and others ) that Carbon isnt making it to 64bit.

Also lets see what Motion 4 can bring. As it is , Motion 3 is still far far from threatening After Effects. But if they release Shake's successor then Motion 4 can stay as simple as it is.

Agreed on all counts. Also, I'm hoping that the new suite of products become resolution agnostic and not capped at 2K (particularly FCP and Color). Apple also needs to incorporate full RED support as aggressively as Adobe is now.

Personally, I could care less about Motion. I'm a hard-core died-in-the-wool AE guy. But you're right about Motion needing some major love if they want more AE converts (which, to me, seems like an impossible task).
  • Reply 5 of 5
    wally007wally007 Posts: 121member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

Agreed on all counts. Also, I'm hoping that the new suite of products become resolution agnostic and not capped at 2K (particularly FCP and Color). Apple also needs to incorporate full RED support as aggressively as Adobe is now.

Personally, I could care less about Motion. I'm a hard-core died-in-the-wool AE guy. But you're right about Motion needing some major love if they want more AE converts (which, to me, seems like an impossible task).

you're right about After Effects...... AE community is something to behold. But if they release app with Shake's features , 64bit , GPU accelerated and able to use all 8 cores of Mac Pro , it just might make a huge splash..... but with recent apple 1.0 releases ( and 2.0 cough iphone cough ) i doubt it.

It's gonna be interesting to see if AE gets 64-bit treatment in CS4 ( be that Win or Mac ) It probably needs it alot more than PS.