.Mac VoIP iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Just thought that, in honor of the coming spree, I'd let you all know that the only killing blow I can think of the iPhone delivering would be if it has WiFi integration for slipping between cell and WiFi networks and if, when in a WiFi network, you place calls through .Mac's new VoIP service.

I don't usually drivel like this but hey, it just seems so obvious. If not, how could it not just be another phone? Though a phone with a 60GB HD would be pretty sweet...

I would've placed this in temporary insanity but that's closed.

PS - When are we getting the MacBook Mini? There's another painfully obvious move. Mac -> Mac Pro -> Mac Mini. MacBook -> MacBook Pro -> MacBook ____?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gametes

PS - When are we getting the MacBook Mini? There's another painfully obvious move. Mac -> Mac Pro -> Mac Mini. MacBook -> MacBook Pro -> MacBook ____?

In that vein, where's my iSight Pro? Perhaps that's the wireless voip-based audio/video phone you're pining for.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    We have come across a situation where we would like to record some phone calls made in the workplace through our soft VoIP phones. Optimally, this software would be able to run on a computer connected to the same network without having to install anything on the server - however, I am not opposed to any solutions including the server. What is the best software for recording calls made with VoIP phones in an office?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    phoolphool Posts: 1member
    Is the VOiP program SkyBee available to Syrian computers? I understand the VOiP program Skype is not available in Syria. Someone said use SkyBee. Is that correct? Anyone have information? Thanks.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by soviski View Post

We have come across a situation where we would like to record some phone calls made in the workplace through our soft VoIP phones. Optimally, this software would be able to run on a computer connected to the same network without having to install anything on the server - however, I am not opposed to any solutions including the server. What is the best software for recording calls made with VoIP phones in an office?

I'm thinking a program AUDIO HIJACK from rogueameoba.com (which has been around for years) might be able to intercept the audio of a SIP softphone. Not sure how the CPU overhead and lag/delay of intercept might affect the SIP session - but it's free to try out.

FYI IPEVO makes a combo IP Handsdet & USB Speakerphone for Skype/iChat that comes bundled with a Mac VOIP recording program called FreeREC. For those interested in a direct to Mac USB phone with bundled and integrated record software the IPEVO TR-10i gets rave reviews from users who just love that feature.