Bloomberg accidentally publishes Steve Jobs obituary

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by synthboy View Post

For some reason, I now have the Faith No More song, "Surprise! You're Dead" stuck in my head....

.... and I have "Don't Fear the Reaper" with that cowbell bangin' in mine.
  • Reply 22 of 56
    drewmdrewm Posts: 4member
    I wonder if any stock traded hands off the news during the extended hours session...
  • Reply 23 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

.... and I have "Don't Fear the Reaper" with that cowbell bangin' in mine.

I sense a Tribute to Steve Jobs album, complete with these cover songs, in the making.
  • Reply 24 of 56
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    Steve had better just stop with the innovation right now.
  • Reply 25 of 56
    " refashioned the mobile phone.”- That's lame for such a revolutionary device.
  • Reply 26 of 56
    stubeckstubeck Posts: 140member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

" refashioned the mobile phone.”- That's lame for such a revolutionary device.

Thats what it is though, at a base level. While it is hugely different and has many changes, at its basic level its a phone.

And for others, I can assure you no one lost their job for this. People accidently post incorrect information all the time.
  • Reply 27 of 56
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Jobs will have fun with this at the next media event.

You've heard of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" and you might even be going to see David Zuckers's "An American Carol" soon to play in October. May I introduce to you...

"An Apple Carol"...

I can see it now at the next Keynote...

Dark auditorium....

"Fake" fog smoke hovering just above the ground...

"Triumphant" music building up to a crescendo timed with a laser light show...

Steve, regally dressed in a black turtleneck and blue jeans, "floats" out to center stage and in a ghostly manner says...

"I am the ghost of PC Past. Take hold of my iPhone and behold the new MacBook and MacBook Pros and may I introduce to you, The Mac Tabbbbbllllleeeeettttttt."

• Reply 28 of 56
    Bastards! They've killed Stevie!
  • Reply 29 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

You've heard of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" and you might even be going to see David Zuckers's "An American Carol" soon to play in October. May I introduce to you...

"An Apple Carol"...

Dark auditorium....

Steve, regally dressed in a black turtleneck and blue jeans, "floats" out to center stage and in a ghostly manner says...

"I am the ghost of PC Past. Take hold of my iPhone and behold the new MacBook and MacBook Pros and may I introduce to you, The Mac Tabbbbbllllleeeeettttttt."

• Reply 30 of 56
    dsheldshel Posts: 16member
    This is typical Apple Bashing Technique by Hegefunds and Short Sellers. The Srock headed down as soon as the story broke. Jim Goldman posted a Tech Ticker Story pointing out it was an error. That Page was pulled after a few minutes, Go to CBNC and it's page not found now.
  • Reply 31 of 56
    old-wizold-wiz Posts: 194member
    Apple should sue them, but it's unlikely that they will have any luck. This sure lends a new twist to bashing Apple. While they always have obits on file for famous people, they shouldn't be releasing them. Doesn't surprise me that any wire service would do it - look at some of the lies they print anyway.
  • Reply 32 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

"An Apple Carol"...

Dark auditorium....

I was thinking more like the see-thru Yoda in Return of the Jedi! -"Feel the iForce of Snow Leopard"
  • Reply 33 of 56
    xzuxzu Posts: 139member
    In accordance with the Fairness Doctrine, Bloomberg should have to publish Bill Gates obituary and then retract it. Just to be fair.
  • Reply 34 of 56
    mdcatmdcat Posts: 79member
    On what basis? Mistakenly saying someone's dead isn't slanderous or defamatory, and not

all mistakes can be litigated (otherwise Gates would have been executed long ago :-)
  • Reply 35 of 56
    jbcarojbcaro Posts: 47member
    And it is written that in the last days, he shall arise from the dead, and shall say unto the heaven's and unto the earth, 'you sir, are a slime bucket!'
  • Reply 36 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StuBeck View Post

Thats what it is though, at a base level. While it is hugely different and has many changes, at its basic level its a phone.

No, it is a computer that happens to make phone calls.
  • Reply 37 of 56
    godriflegodrifle Posts: 267member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nano_tube View Post

Bastards! They've killed Stevie!

• Reply 38 of 56
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by godrifle View Post

I can smell windows Vista behind this..
  • Reply 39 of 56
    It reminded me of his speech a few years ago. Please watch till the end. Thank you!! Btw, I wasn't there. I just remember reading about it back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA
  • Reply 40 of 56
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

On what basis? Mistakenly saying someone's dead isn't slanderous or defamatory, and not

all mistakes can be litigated (otherwise Gates would have been executed long ago :-)

If it can be shown that it adversely affected the stock to lower it for large purchases then collusion will be investigated.