Dual Display Questions - MacBook Pro and Cinema

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

This question is probably simple, I just don't know much about how this stuff works. I have a 17" MacBook Pro, and a 23" inch Apple Cinema Display. I want to run dual monitors in which one of the monitors would be my 23" Cinema Display, and the other monitor would be the built in display on the MacBook Pro. What do I need to do here? Cables, configuration, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Logan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Your MBP has a DVI-Out and the Cinema Display has a DVI-In. Connect those two by a DVI-cable, the rest will do your Mac for you. It will recognize another (bigger) display, and set the appropriate settings.

If not, go to System Preferences > Displays, then you will see two panes, one on each monitor, and can set the proper resolution.

In the Arrangement tab you can arrange (of course) the displays via the two blue boxes resembling your displays. Either you want the MBP on the left side, you drag it to the left, or vice versa. The white bar on the top is the Menu Bar, you can drag it too to the display you want.

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    go 2 the apple store and it will b fixed