Voice login

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
In os 9 you could have a voice password. I know that some of os x is can be controlled by your voice. i think this is great and should be implememented and improved furthe, but i don't know if oyu can have voice passwords. I know its not that important and many people don't like it. I wondered if anyone knows if it will be implemmented

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I hope so. It wasn't the most practical login procedure but it was cool as hell and damn it we need some cool as hell things in OS X.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    It was a cool feature for sure, but I am not sure how useful or how common it was. If it is going to be implemented into X sometime in the future I bet it is a ways down the list of things to do. I think they just put it into OS 9 because they didn't know what else to do.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    It was cool as hell, but rather insecure. For example, I could get past my dad's voice password on his iMac.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Yeah, think the problem with that was when you were logging in, it told you what to say, didn't it? I may be remembering wrong though, I never used it but to play around...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>Yeah, think the problem with that was when you were logging in, it told you what to say, didn't it? I may be remembering wrong though, I never used it but to play around...</strong><hr></blockquote>

This was true, they would tell you what to say at first, but you could actually change the phrase to whatever you wanted. It did not have to be their phrase. It was not so great for me, only worked about 50% of the time.