Honest Feedback

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Ok, I know this is a weird place to post this but I'm a bit stuck. I'm working on the design of our companies new site and I'm trying to get feedback but all the designer forums require at least 15 posts before I can post a link.

So anyway, here's our site http://retrograffica.co.uk/beta. Any and all feedback is welcome. The links don't go anywhere and it's just the homepage at present.

Cheers

Marc

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marc OSX View Post

Ok, I know this is a weird place to post this but I'm a bit stuck. I'm working on the design of our companies new site and I'm trying to get feedback but all the designer forums require at least 15 posts before I can post a link.

So anyway, here's our site http://retrograffica.co.uk/beta. Any and all feedback is welcome. The links don't go anywhere and it's just the homepage at present.

Cheers

Marc

Sorry to be terse but short on time:
    • Missing logo in top left although perhaps your orange logo doesn't work well with gray

• Too gray - a lot of your design cues are from Apple but their use of a white background is more appealing.

• Don't like the font for the big quote. Oddly, I found it hard to read.

• Reply 2 of 4
    I agree. The dark grey font is not nice. And the white text on light grey background gets lost completely.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I agree. The dark grey font is not nice. And the white text on light grey background gets lost completely.

I don't mind the dark grey font so much, but the white text on light grey background is almost unreadable.

Overall the site looks good, although the design isn't very original looking.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The white font is my major problem. The smaller it is , the more it fades into the background. The gray color is fine for the words, but try another font. It is (for some reason) more difficult to read. Also, it might just be me, but the quote, "RetroGraffica are an enthusiastic..." it just seems too wordy.

Good luck