Frustrated and Cautious

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have had the unique displeasure of erasing my iPhone twice. What followed was one day of emails and replacing information.

Today I downloaded a ringtone, and after I go thru the whole process, it tells me to sync the ringtone to my iPhone.

But, the pop-up comes up and gives a message that my old library will be erased.But it says " iPhone will be erased". So I hit " cancel", and have a ringtone that it is just sitting there. I want to err on the side of caution.

Am I going to be alright syncing this ringtone?

Thanks in advance. This is an awesome forum.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sinlinlin View Post

I have had the unique displeasure of erasing my iPhone twice. What followed was one day of emails and replacing information.

Today I downloaded a ringtone, and after I go thru the whole process, it tells me to sync the ringtone to my iPhone.

But, the pop-up comes up and gives a message that my old library will be erased.But it says " iPhone will be erased". So I hit " cancel", and have a ringtone that it is just sitting there. I want to err on the side of caution.

Am I going to be alright syncing this ringtone?

Thanks in advance. This is an awesome forum.

Where did you get the ringtome from? iTunes? I thought only ring tones bought from iTunes worked on the iPhone.

There are sites that you can find thru google that tell you how to make your own ringtones for free in iTunes which I have done and it works well. Rather than having to pay for it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDunno View Post

Where did you get the ringtome from? iTunes? I thought only ring tones bought from iTunes worked on the iPhone.

There are sites that you can find thru google that tell you how to make your own ringtones for free in iTunes which I have done and it works well. Rather than having to pay for it.

I got it from iTunes, yes.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sinlinlin View Post

I got it from iTunes, yes.

I am back.

I am here to clear this up.

The ringtone I bought was from iTunes, and I am just afraid I will erase my whole phone.

I do not understand the phrase " You can only sync with one iTunes library at a time"...

I do not have anything in my library.

I am just pissed.