Admins: Please do something about all these blasted spammers and advertisers!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
No, its not enough to click on each and every last blasted post by these damn retailers, spammers and the rest of these bastards and click the little red exclamation point. I mean....just LOOK at this section now! I don't have all day to report all these posts.

Admins please do something about this because its getting out of hand now!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mrshowmrshow Posts: 164member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

No, its not enough to click on each and every last blasted post by these damn retailers, spammers and the rest of these bastards and click the little red exclamation point. I mean....just LOOK at this section now! I don't have all day to report all these posts.

Admins please do something about this because its getting out of hand now!

+++

Not getting.... is out of hand.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Just report their posts.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

Just report their posts.

I don't have all day to search for them either.

But they are gone now.

Just report one and mention there are many other threads in the same forum.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

But they are gone now.

Johnny,

It has been suggested that a forum member be restricted from starting a thread until he has made 5 or 10 posts. I think this would greatly reduce the amount of spam.

Have you guys given this consideration?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

But they are gone now.

Yeah. This morning when I clicked into this section I saw like 15 or more posts one right after the other all beginning with "wholesale" selling some crap or the other. They don't even bother to hide it anymore. I used to click on them to report their posts. But I don't have time to click into dozens of them just so you can do something about them.

Some sort of rule about new members restricting the number of posts or I dunno.....something......would be helpful. Perhaps something can be done before the days leading up to and after the September Apple announcements? Traffic here at that time will be very busy (as you well know). Plus Macworld 09 will be here sooner than you think. Future hardware's section is entering its busy time.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    rather than number of posts what about time from first registering...sort of a probation period say a few days (you can look at the average time from register to posting) , the only thing i registered to solve a problem, hmmmm maybe a go between, ask through an "admin" if emergent