AOL for OSX

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is anyone here using AOL for OSX? I should be receiving my used PM G4 400 soon and I want to know if its safe to try the OSX version or just stick to the old version for the time being.

In order to preempt the comments-I know AOL sucks, but if it is stable under OSX and I don't get booted off I'm keeping it. If it acts up I will switch for good.........................................

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    OS X version is great
  • Reply 2 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>OS X version is great</strong><hr></blockquote>

yup, it constantly drops your connection for no apparent reason.

.....oh im sorry, was that a 16MB download you were in the middle of?

EDIT: ok, not CONSTANTLY....but enough to be annoying

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: gumby5647 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 7
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Works pretty well for me. For the most part it's the same as regular 5.0, but it works great. Very stable too.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Thanks for the info. I am going to try it. This will be AOL's last chance! I really do like the content so i hope it works.

As for large downloads, I here that if you open up and use Internet Explorer seperately while you are on AOL and download from explorer that isn't a problem, but I rarely download more than 10 Mb so I'm not sure thats true.

I here I will have to download AOL for OSX while in classic, then reboot to OSX to install it. Too bad AOL doesn't have the OSX version on CD yet.........
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by steve666:

<strong>Is anyone here using AOL for OSX?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you know that AOL UK has compleatly abandoned the OSX version, yep AOL in the UK don't do OSX, not even a beta.

I don't care as I don't use AOL but it's sad non the less.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote] Is anyone here using AOL for OSX? <hr></blockquote>

Sounds like you are trying to bump a chick without a visiting the barber shop first???
  • Reply 7 of 7
    AOL sucks