iMac G5 Hard Drive Replacement

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I searched for a thread on this topic but found nothing. If there is one then please direct me to it.

I will be needing to replace my hard drive in my iMac G5 2.0 2GHz 20" pretty soon and wonder which drive is recommended. Is there is a recommended limit on the size, suggested rpm rate or interface issue I need to deal with with? For example, I was just on web site and saw a Seagate 1 TB SATA 3Gbps 7200 rpm and a Western Digital (which I believe is the manufacturer of the HD currently in my system) Caviar GP WD10EACS 1TB 5400 to 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s. Are these suitable for my system? If not, where would I go to find compatible hard drives?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mitchagana View Post

I searched for a thread on this topic but found nothing. If there is one then please direct me to it.

I will be needing to replace my hard drive in my iMac G5 2.0 2GHz 20" pretty soon and wonder which drive is recommended. Is there is a recommended limit on the size, suggested rpm rate or interface issue I need to deal with with? For example, I was just on web site and saw a Seagate 1 TB SATA 3Gbps 7200 rpm and a Western Digital (which I believe is the manufacturer of the HD currently in my system) Caviar GP WD10EACS 1TB 5400 to 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s. Are these suitable for my system? If not, where would I go to find compatible hard drives?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

www.macsales.com