Apple, AT&T sued for over-saturating 3G network with iPhones

Comments

• Reply 21 of 97
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

No it's not the same you morons because you're not paying a monthly fee to use the road.

AT&T forces users to pay an extra $10 a month to use the 3G service which I'm not able to access 90% of the time.

So return the phone.
  • Reply 22 of 97
    Quote:

No it's not the same you morons because you're not paying a monthly fee to use the road.

AT&T forces users to pay an extra $10 a month to use the 3G service which I'm not able to access 90% of the time.

Exactly.
  • Reply 23 of 97
    I don't really understand how you can sue in these cases. I mean if it's "broken" and you have an option to cancel your contract and return the device how can you sue? That's why competition in the market is good because it gives companies a reason to do better to gain markets hare, not because they are afraid of getting sued...I just don't get it
  • Reply 24 of 97
    Quote:

Ok, sue Ford because the toll road you are driving on is congested!!!

So I can see an argument for involving AT&T, but how does this guy justify suing Apple?
  • Reply 25 of 97
    Quote:

No one "forces" you to do anything when it comes to cellphones. You can return it if you are unhappy with your service. Why do so many people act like spoiled brats when it comes to things like this? If your an adult act like one and be responsible for yourself and don't just sit there and whine! I guess you want the Government or someone else to come make it all better? Maybe kiss your bobo?
  • Reply 26 of 97
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Actually you are paying for the road. Part of your state taxes goes to your states department of transportation
  • Reply 27 of 97
    dgnr8dgnr8 Posts: 196member
    Quote:

Morons?

Thats funny...

So how do you use a road or highway or road for free?

I want in on that racket.

Last I checked I have to pay for tag's on my truck and car with emission testing fee's that goes right back to TXDOT which pay's for roads and highway's.

Then on top of that Toll-way's in Houston that being built now that were once major arteries with in the city as roads.

i.e. Westpark (Tollway) Hardy Road (Tollway) Beltway 8 (Tollway) SH249 (Future Tollway according to the state posted signs)

So a monthly fee your right, no monthly fee.

However a fee all the same is charged on roadways and highways at a yearly rate and per use.

Just need to think it thru next time before you start throwing around the "Morons" statement.

Does all that make since, Moron.
  • Reply 28 of 97
    Oh for goodness sake. Who are these losers?!
  • Reply 29 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Booga View Post

So return the phone.

Would you pay me $10 per month for using AppleInsider? If not, just get the hell out of here.
  • Reply 30 of 97
    daseindasein Posts: 139member
    California has what's called an "implied warranty" law. It means that a product should perform either as advertised or expected (a toaster, for example, should toast). Apple has no bearing here, but ATT should. If you're advertising a product to a certain performance level, you should fairly well deliver there. The road/Ford analogy lags in that Ford, like Apple, is only making the product, not the service (and good luck suing any government body). I don't have an iPhone, I do live in San Diego, and I have noticed my ATT service, which used to stay regularly with a 3G connection, drop down more than half the time to EDGE. I can understand when you get locked into a promise by them to deliver a 3G experience but keep you on the hook with a 2 year contract why people would be angry (I'm not a lawyer and I do try to avoid them). If nothing else, it'll hold ATT's sensitive parts to the fire and make them speed up deployment of sufficient 3G coverage. If they don't, the problem is only going to get worse as this is just the beginning of these devices and the demands they make. I think the publicity angle is better than a lawsuit, but ATT needs to clean up its act.
  • Reply 31 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dizzy13 View Post

I don't really understand how you can sue in these cases. I mean if it's "broken" and you have an option to cancel your contract and return the device how can you sue? That's why competition in the market is good because it gives companies a reason to do better to gain markets hare, not because they are afraid of getting sued...I just don't get it

Here's to your argument :

Microsoft is paying $750M to settle the lawsuit in the EU because it was bundling the OS with IE. Doesn't this sound similar? I like the iPhone but I don't like AT&T Service. 3G Service should be guaranteed if you are charging a premium of $10 per month. How about Verizon selling the FiOS service for a premium but without a guarantee for the speed?
  • Reply 32 of 97
    Suing Apple over this latency issue is ridiculous! Although, something should be done about AT&T. They suck at executing. The infrastructure should have been in place before the launch of the 3G iPhone to absorb a precipitous increase in customers utilizing the 3G network. They should not be able to charge a premium over the original iPhone data package if the 3G network is unable to properly handle the load.
  • Reply 33 of 97
    Quote:

It really dilutes your argument when you have to include a personal attack.
  • Reply 34 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bypass View Post

Suing Apple over this latency issue is ridiculous! Although, something should be done about AT&T. They suck at executing. The infrastructure should have been in place before the launch of the 3G iPhone to absorb a precipitous increase in customers utilizing the 3G network. They should not be able to charge a premium over the original iPhone data package if the 3G network is unable to properly handle the load.

I couldn't agree more. Apple has no bearing on AT&T service. Like I said above, I like the iPhone but not AT&T's service.
  • Reply 35 of 97
    There needs to be a law which gives the death penalty for lawyers who file frivolous lawsuits like this.

This is suing for suing's sake.

This gives an extremely bad taste to the thought of a lawyer's existence.

This is why so many jokes are about how much better lawyers are dead.
  • Reply 36 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregrochedc View Post

now can we also sue the internet service providers for oversubscribing and reducing my upload/download speeds? and mobile phone companies for oversubscribing and causing dropped calls and busy signals? and local gyms for oversubscribing because i have to wait in line to use the treadmill? etc. etc. etc.

And don't forget the Airlines, sue them for making me wait in line to get into the airplane, WAAAAA!!!
  • Reply 37 of 97
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eideard View Post

Shoot the fracking lawyers! Several times.

Warning--that only works if you shoot ALL of them.

If you kill ALL the lawyers, then you can't be convicted of a crime because there's no way to get adequate representation.
  • Reply 38 of 97
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DGNR8 View Post

Morons?

Thats funny...

So how do you use a road or highway or road for free?

I want in on that racket.

Last I checked I have to pay for tag's on my truck and car with emission testing fee's that goes right back to TXDOT which pay's for roads and highway's.

Then on top of that Toll-way's in Houston that being built now that were once major arteries with in the city as roads.

i.e. Westpark (Tollway) Hardy Road (Tollway) Beltway 8 (Tollway) SH249 (Future Tollway according to the state posted signs)

So a monthly fee your right, no monthly fee.

However a fee all the same is charged on roadways and highways at a yearly rate and per use.

Just need to think it thru next time before you start throwing around the "Morons" statement.

Does all that make since, Moron.

You forgot the biggest payment you make - gasoline taxes. I pay far more in gas taxes than I pay in either tolls or registration fees.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by papiti View Post

And don't forget the Airlines, sue them for making me wait in line to get into the airplane, WAAAAA!!!

Waiting in line to get into the plane is the least of it. How about all the other delays?
  • Reply 39 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bypass View Post

Some of the *execution* is blocked by courts and *other* lawsuits. Apple and AT&T should add all the NGOs, individuals, and their lawyers blocking cell tower construction. At my daughter's elementary school a few years ago, the school and parents (as in The Laurel School in their official newsletters) tried to stop AT&T from installing cell towers on their own building (which is within half a block of the school). A doctor spoke up about their fears at a PTA-equivalent meeting and got shot down (should have defended her). I don't think she ever spoke up again and might have left the school after that treatment.

Good thing I'm using an alias account name, otherwise they may toss out my daughter for my opinions...
  • Reply 40 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You forgot the biggest payment you make - gasoline taxes. I pay far more in gas taxes than I pay in either tolls or registration fees.

Waiting in line to get into the plane is the least of it. How about all the other delays?

Yup, agreed. That is my point exactly. I'm sure if you wait a little, you will get your 3G signal and everything will be fine, just like taking off in the airplane to your destination after a long wait.