AT&T wireless networks go down on East Coast

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Didn't effect voice and text, only data.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jawporta View Post

First off, the new iPhone data plan should be the same as the old one, especially since half the people can't use the 3G network anyway.

I agree! And they should both be the same as all of ATT's OTHER Edge data plans, right? That'd be only fair.

So the way it should be, again, if we're concerned about the poor pitiful souls who can't get 3G service on their new, subsidized iPhone is:

$30 per month.

Just like all of ATT's other data plans, including those that use Edge only.

Duh.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Didn't effect voice and text, only data.

OK- see my correction
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Just wondering out loud if the outage was some part of a planned update in anticipation of the 2.1 firmware update gone amok?
  • Reply 25 of 37
    shows just how shitty AT&T is. They KNEW something like this was going to happen and they tried to cover it up, and when things happened they did nothing, charged people more and let the network go down. Why the hell don't I just buy an iphone without a plan, and then mod it to work on verizon? that might work.....
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by just_a_guy View Post

shows just how shitty AT&T is. They KNEW something like this was going to happen and they tried to cover it up, and when things happened they did nothing, charged people more and let the network go down. Why the hell don't I just buy an iphone without a plan, and then mod it to work on verizon? that might work.....

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I think someone has a case of the sour grapes. Yes, AT&T is not perfect, far from it, but I highly doubt they knew their network was going to go down and allowed it to happen. You really think AT&T wanted to give 20-30 dollar credits back to customers? Even if they only did it for 100,000 customers (which would seem low to me, considering the areas affected), that's still 3 million dollars they'd be out at 30 bucks a pop. Doesn't sound like something any company would want to do.

As far as your second point, good luck buying an iPhone without a plan to begin with in the States, seeing as how it's not an option (other than eBay, etc.), and double good luck on modding a GSM phone to work on a CDMA network. Nevermind figuring out a way to get a hold of a CDMA chip, but then getting the GSM chip out and putting the CDMA chip in, then getting everything to work correctly.... Whew! I'm out of breath just typing that.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    Don't know if it's related to the meltdown, but I seem to have lost Push messaging here in LA since early this morning.

I'll get e a message if I open up the mail app, but nothing appaers to be received on its on via the Push process. - And yes, I do have the Push option turned on in the settings...

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I haven't rebooted the iPhone yet as that will force it to retrieve mail...Sent myself a test message 30 minutes ago and it hasn't Pushed yet!!!
  • Reply 28 of 37
    HaHAHA! "Rapidly growing iPhone user population steamrolls network infrastructure"
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by winterspan View Post

HaHAHA! "Rapidly growing iPhone user population steamrolls network infrastructure"

This was not an iPhone issue or caused by iPhones.... just regular crappy service...
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:

"Rapidly growing iPhone user population steamrolls network infrastructure"

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could not happen to a nicer network. Maybe it will be 24 hours next, then 36.

Come on AT&T apologists. Surly this isn't AT&T's fault. It has to be the work of some rival network operators to crash AT&T's network to make Apple and AT&T look bad.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could not happen to a nicer network. Maybe it will be 24 hours next, then 36.

Come on AT&T apologists. Surly this isn't AT&T's fault. It has to be the work of some rival network operators to crash AT&T's network to make Apple and AT&T look bad.

I knew you would be happy about this. No one is saying AT&T has done a perfect job of building their network. Most everyone is quite critical in fact.

At the same time you are holding an unrealiztic expectation that AT&T should be able to flick the ON switch and have instant nationwide 3G.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

I knew you would be happy about this. No one is saying AT&T has done a perfect job of building their network. Most everyone is quite critical in fact.

At the same time you are holding an unrealiztic expectation that AT&T should be able to flick the ON switch and have instant nationwide 3G.

Happy to the point of it being ironic. As I said before you can have your opinion. AT&T did their network on the cheap and you are getting what you paid for. So sit back and enjoy it. No problem.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jawporta View Post

I don't get how they can't keep up with demand? They bought out Cingular, they have the power of two companies, let's go! I hate that this country sues over everything but these companies have to stop screwing us and maybe we would stop suing them.

First off, the new iPhone data plan should be the same as the old one, especially since half the people can't use the 3G network anyway.

They don't have the power of two companies. AT&T Wireless became Cingular, and then Cingular became AT&T once again. Same single carrier. What evidence do you have to prove your claim that half the people can't use 3G? Or are you making this comment based on the exaggerated reports you read on the internet?
  • Reply 34 of 37
    My cable modem service through Time Warner went down the other day for a few hours. Holy shit, I should sue! Our Fax Server at work went down for a few hours. Holy shit, we should sue our IT Department! Networks can go down, it is not the end of the world!

The iPhone 3G complainers are a bunch of spoiled little brats that need a good ass kicking, and the lawyers all need to be shot. I deal with lawyers all day long (insurance business) and most of them are so stupid it would amaze you. Apparently they all passed the BAR, but I have no idea how since none of them have any common sense!
  • Reply 35 of 37
    I was unable to access all web based functions and email in Chicago today.

Service came back at about 18:30 hours CDT.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Sarah Palin kills mobile internet. News at 11.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    Wow. I am getting surprisingly good mileage out of this picture...