Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Ok, I must be missing something here.

Who are you?

Check the Photoshop about box.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    I've been pretty upset with adobe like the rest of you, especially about leaving the CS3 bugs in the dust just moving on...

A little birdy told me that CS4 is going to knock our socks off. I would expect the full suit to be available by November.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Nice to see Adobe knows we exist...

I'm sure CS4 has made improvements. Adobe's 18-month dev cycle always means a few new whiz bang features (even if they're just eye candy) to justify the upgrade price. Apple does the same thing with OS upgrades.

I personally hope InDesign has either received its own integrated text database, or has received the ability to easily pull articles and photos from a Filemaker database. That feature might do it for me.

But regardless, Mac users do not react well to a developer releasing software on the platform that is less advanced than their Windows offering. Microsoft and Intuit have been long despised for this selfsame reason. Once Adobe officially joins that crowd, the calls for an Apple competitor to Photoshop will be deafening.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SS3 GokouX View Post

Check the Photoshop about box.

Ah, ok, I know a few of the guys, but too many to remember.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    My experience is that Adobe does listen. It's just a very big, slow ship to turn around.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Adobe has done a crapy job of making the various applications inside the Suite consistent.

InDesign has a style sheet system (text and object) that works very well.

Illustrator on the other hand is painful to use. It makes me insane. It's like you have to learn a completely new and inconsistent (and less well implemented) object style system for Illustrator.

Illustrator is my really big gripe. It's become more and more bloaty and painful to use.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    I don't think Adobe does listen because I've endured upgrades since Photoshop 7 and it just keeps getting slower on newer equipment. The creative suite is like the Vista of the Mac world. I'm baffled that they just won't get it right.

What I think all of the Adobe developers need to do is take a gander over at dearadobe.com and read some of the feedback they're getting from their actual users. When I start seeing performance enhancements then I'll believe that "they're listening".
  • Reply 28 of 35
    wallywally Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Mac users do not react well to a developer releasing software on the platform that is less advanced than their Windows offering. Microsoft and Intuit have been long despised for this selfsame reason. Once Adobe officially joins that crowd, the calls for an Apple competitor to Photoshop will be deafening.

Agreed. But Adobe won't ever care - because there still hasn't been a real competitor for them. It will just be business as usual - bring on the same bloat crap.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

They're turning Flash into a full-fledged interactive 3D viewer... wow.

I thought they had that already. Just that it's not widely used.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SS3 GokouX View Post

That is the ugliest press invite I have ever seen. What the hell, are there no designers actually working within Adobe? Those date boxes... yikes.

Still, this Fall still feels too soon. The Production and Master CS3 bundles only came out like 14 months ago.

But much of the software came out several months before that, didn't it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wally View Post

I didn't know Adobe staffers frequent AI!

Wow!

Thanks for contributing to a needlessly toxic environment! I mean, someone saying something good that we disagree in must be an astroturfer. Yeah, sure.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

However, with expected double-digit growth from the market ANAL-cysts, is it any wonder?

Maybe you'd be more convincing if you didn't use the crude language?
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Unicron View Post

How about After Effects CS4? Illustrator?

Apparently Illustrator CS4 is getting "better" implemented multi-page documents and multiple artboards. Looks like a "better" gradient type tool. I'm sure there is more.

http://www.adobeegitim.com/dersler/d...=77&dersno=641
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Ah, ok, I know a few of the guys, but too many to remember.

He's kind of a big deal.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    I got the invite, but I don't see the point of sitting at a webcast at my desk. This ain't gonna be a Jobs keynote.

Is there anything to be THAT excited about? I'll just let the Mac web distill the news for me and figure out whether an upgrade is warranted.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristopherSEA View Post

Adobe has done a crapy job of making the various applications inside the Suite consistent.

InDesign has a style sheet system (text and object) that works very well.

Illustrator on the other hand is painful to use. It makes me insane. It's like you have to learn a completely new and inconsistent (and less well implemented) object style system for Illustrator.

Illustrator is my really big gripe. It's become more and more bloaty and painful to use.

I absolutely hate Illustrator. I pretty much was forced to quit graphic design work when FreeHand was killed.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OUkimber View Post

He's kind of a big deal.

I haven't been in the business for almost five years, and dealt with the same people since 1990. I know Thomas Knoll, if that makes you feel better.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I got the invite, but I don't see the point of sitting at a webcast at my desk. This ain't gonna be a Jobs keynote.

Is there anything to be THAT excited about? I'll just let the Mac web distill the news for me and figure out whether an upgrade is warranted.

I think an Adobe presentation might be worth seeing at least once. You're right, it's not the same, but I think the presentation is more utility to a user than a Stevenote.

I've seen two or three presentations by Adobe people and I thought they were pretty interesting even though I wasn't into the software in question. While seeing them in person might be coloring my perception, I thought the presenter did a lot better job showing the features in use than the "Mac web" did writing about the features in question.