A 'healthy' Steve Jobs expected to take the stage tomorrow

Comments

• Reply 41 of 69
    Good one
  • Reply 42 of 69
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Just look at the difference - amazing. Not sure when the first photo was taken, the 2nd one is from June. Yikes, he's a changed man....

Brilliant!
  • Reply 43 of 69
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Wow!

We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.
  • Reply 44 of 69
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Wow!

We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.

Indeed, completely uncivilized. Why next we'll be nailing cats to trees and bashing them with our heads.

He's making light of the obsessive comparisons of pictures of Jobs that keep being made. They've become a kind of nerd augury, somehow foretelling the doom of Apple, Inc. to anxious crowds of forum members. They are ripe for parody, all he did was make it even more ridiculous.
  • Reply 45 of 69
    Well I didn't post the photo because I thought it "foretold the doom of apple". I just thought it was interesting. It's practically impossible to have an online discussion about apple anymore, everyone is so entrenched one way or the other.
  • Reply 46 of 69
    dm3dm3 Posts: 168member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

MacBooks, MacBook Pros, and iMacs -- would follow the introduction of iPods by several weeks and months.

What about new Minis?
  • Reply 47 of 69
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    nonstop:

Fair point, but I still think this rather intense discussion has gotten theatrical enough that it's a good source of humor. I was only responding to iPeon's distaste.
  • Reply 48 of 69
    Quote:

Wow!

Steve is fine.

Sure he has to watch the diet but don't we all.

I think Steve looks great!

Most of us are used to seeing overweight Americans all the time.

Steve is about 5'10" and according to a standard height weight chart, a healthy weight for him would be 130-170 lbs,

He is probably right around 140.

Your welcome.
  • Reply 49 of 69
    PS - Ghandi probably would have lived well into his 80s if he wasn't shot.

Bruce Lee could do one finger push ups and died at age 32 of a brain hemorrhage.

Go figure.
  • Reply 50 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

I think it'd be a great gag for Jobs to be carried onto the stage in a stretcher, or even a casket

Stay classy!
  • Reply 51 of 69
    gxcadgxcad Posts: 120member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

He's obviously taken too much on- that's what's called Macarexia.

Apple accidentally made their CEO thinner too!?
  • Reply 52 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronster View Post

All I can say is JEEEZUS... WTF!

• Reply 53 of 69
    Quote:

Wow! We as a "civilized" people have a long way to go yet don't we? Just look at this, making fun of a friend's life threatening illness. Nice... so very inspiring. Thank you.

It can be insensitive, I agree. But at the same time, humour is one of our only ways of making sense of our seemingly random life and death of our existence... Humour, and/or Faith+Enlightenment... or All of the above.

Steve will probably make a quick quip in a witty but abstract way about people's concerns about his health.
  • Reply 54 of 69
    Quote:

PS - Ghandi probably would have lived well into his 80s if he wasn't shot.

Bruce Lee could do one finger push ups and died at age 32 of a brain hemorrhage.

Go figure.

Transcendance. Once a person's being becomes so different from the rest of humanity, they tend not to stay alive in our plane of reality. Some days I fear Steve is at this point, though hopefully he won't be too brilliant to have to leave us.
  • Reply 55 of 69
    Quote:

Steve is fine.

Sure he has to watch the diet but don't we all.

I think Steve looks great!

Most of us are used to seeing overweight Americans all the time.

Steve is about 5'10" and according to a standard height weight chart, a healthy weight for him would be 130-170 lbs,

He is probably right around 140.

Your welcome.

Umm... certain height/weight charts show Serena Williams to be of "Medium Frame".

I don' think that's a "Medium" frame for most people in teh world.
  • Reply 56 of 69
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    If Steve does do the event I'm sure he'll slip in a joke about the obit.

As for redesigned Macbooks, I think the next Macbook should be the Air. Just discontinue the current line and make the Air (with a price drop) the entry level.
  • Reply 57 of 69
    Steve should get Sarah Palin to do the Keynote and give a presentation on "Apple, the bridge to everywhere."
  • Reply 58 of 69
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EyeNsteinNo View Post

Steve should get Sarah Palin to do the Keynote and give a presentation on "Apple, the bridge to everywhere."

Go back to your CHump Change and drop the politics on here.
  • Reply 59 of 69
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

All I can say is JEEEZUS... WTF!

That's called ZUNE RAGE!
  • Reply 60 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trevorlsciact View Post

. . ., and wearing a looser shirt in the second one.

Ding, ding, ding! Bonus points for Trevor! This is the first time I've seen the word "looser" used correctly on the Internet. Usually, this spelling is used to refer to the opposite of a winner.

There is hope that the English language may survive after all.