Last minute: iPod nano with sensor, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod shuffle

Comments

• Reply 81 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post

is that all? that's really a "big deal"

So you turned it into a big deal in your mind and are now mad at Apple for letting you down?
  • Reply 82 of 144
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

I don't think Apple claimed it was earth shattering.

Not even close and therefore I ask:

Why an event?

Much ado about nothing.
  • Reply 83 of 144
    Quote:

So you turned it into a big deal in your mind and are now mad at Apple for letting you down?

No but time is valuable and this was a waste of it- just release this BS without an event.
  • Reply 84 of 144
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Some people exercise vigourously.

The way it has to be shaken is different from the way it moves when exercising. It's a sharp side to side shake. Not likely that will be duplicated when exercising. I know people who wear their iPhones to the gym. So far, none have mentioned that as a problem. Another friend mountain bikes with his.
  • Reply 85 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The whole was lackluster, and the pushing of Genius was excessive. Not one one HW change that sets the iPod farther apart from the competition than it already is, and the Nano changes seem more of a game of catchup with some of it's features.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm happy anyway, I'm getting a touch and they dropped the price.
  • Reply 86 of 144
    WHen is Apple going to update their website already?
  • Reply 87 of 144
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Not even close and therefore I ask:

Why an event?

Much ado about nothing.

But, you're always a downer.
  • Reply 88 of 144
    I think I missed it, when is iT8 going live?
  • Reply 89 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

The way it has to be shaken is different from the way it moves when exercising. It's a sharp side to side shake. Not likely that will be duplicated when exercising. I know people who wear their iPhones to the gym. So far, none have mentioned that as a problem. Another friend mountain bikes with his.

There are exercises that would make that movement (think aerobics). Anyway the point is moot, it'll have an option to turn it off.
  • Reply 90 of 144
    Quote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm happy anyway, I'm getting a touch and they dropped the price.

And for that you need Steve Jobs up on a stage with all that hoopla? Ridiculous.
  • Reply 91 of 144
    Quote:

There are exercises that would make that movement (think aerobics). Anyway the point is moot, it'll have an option to turn it off.

Shake = Yawn
  • Reply 92 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

But, you're always a downer.

And what are you? chopped liver?
  • Reply 93 of 144
    Quote:

No but time is valuable and this was a waste of it- just release this BS without an event.

Again, how did they waste your time? If you chose to follow it, that's your problem.
  • Reply 94 of 144
    I found the interesting thing to be that they want to compete in the portable game player market with the Touch. That should give them some good range and opportunity.

Steve looked fine... that's what the event was really about. OK, maybe a little more Mr. Burns-ish, but healthy.
  • Reply 94 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skottichan View Post

I think I missed it, when is iT8 going live?

The site ain't even updated yet! Apple is slipping.
  • Reply 96 of 144
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

They released a lot of nice updates, but nothing I think is "event worthy". But I really should consider my stance if I'm as disenchanted as Teckstud.
  • Reply 97 of 144
    Quote:

And for that you need Steve Jobs up on a stage with all that hoopla? Ridiculous.

Actually, you can say that about any other iPod/iTunes event in the past. They've generally been design/content/price changes.

Quote:

The site ain't even updated yet! Apple is slipping.

Nani? It's updated for me, I ordered my girlfriend's 4Gen Nano. (Puuurple)
  • Reply 98 of 144
    Quote:

Again, how did they waste your time? If you chose to follow it, that's your problem.

If you have to ask that question then you don't deserve an answer.
  • Reply 99 of 144
    The site is updated... and I'm finally going to get the touch. Adding the volume controls to the outside, speakers... no built-in GPS, but basically all the right moves.
  • Reply 100 of 144
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Quote:

Nope. I knew everything would be as expected after so many rumours leaked. I was expecting the "One more thing.." though so just a bit disappointed