Purchasing MacBook Pro - New Rev comin soon?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I wanna to buy a MacBook Pro for University next year. I was planning to do i this weekend but im willing to wait in theres a new Revision around the corner. Is that the case? And whats the word with it?

Cheers,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    If it's next year as in 2009, sure. But now, hmmm.

Refer to this and the threads about the upcoming revision.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Is this a good time to buy? Or should I wait a lil?

How about a 'redesign'? Is that around the corner?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Wait.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felix-x34 View Post

Is this a good time to buy? Or should I wait a lil?

How about a 'redesign'? Is that around the corner?

What is with people who cannot manage to do ANY research for themselves?!? Are the youth of today SO lazy that they just expect everything to be handed to them upon request? Even after given a link to follow, you STILL ask for answers to be handed to you, rather than using cognitive reasoning and coming to your own conclusions.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    He might be afraid of the internets.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

He might be afraid of the internets.

NO excuse?

And I would doubt it, since he seems secure enough with his internet interactions to register here and make a fresh new thread in a forum already chock full of related threads. I say slack student who cannot be bothered to put the least bit of effort into finding his own answers. A member of the 'Gimme Gimme' generation, fully expecting that his every wish and whim be satisfied, just because they asked.

Sad, really?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Wow... I bet he feels really welcome now... nice going!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

Wow... I bet he feels really welcome now... nice going!

You know, if I ruffled his feathers, so what. Hopefully he will take the hint and proceed with his own investigations before asking inane questions in the future. Coddling of America's youth (and making the idiot box the de facto babysitter) is what caused such ambivalence towards self-sufficiency; holding his hand will not help matters any.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    A revision to the MacBook Pro is long overdue. Whilst the hardware itself is pretty impressive, the product design and manufacturing of the enclosure is starting to look really dated ? especially next to Apple's recent MacBook Air.

But nobody knows for sure when the new generation will be announced. Like I say, it's really long in the tooth and Apple have had ample opportunities to update it before now. Big product announcements used to be confined to keynote speeches, so they were easier to predict, but now Apple is just as likely to simply update their webpage.

I'm not sure when the next keynote is. Traditionally a lot of hardware has been announced at a keynote January-ish. Apple seem to like selling outdated kit to the Festive Season punters and then dropping new hardware shortly thereafter.

I hope we don't have to wait that long, because I'm in the same boat as you!
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

You know, if I ruffled his feathers, so what. Hopefully he will take the hint and proceed with his own investigations before asking inane questions in the future. Coddling of America's youth (and making the idiot box the de facto babysitter) is what caused such ambivalence towards self-sufficiency; holding his hand will not help matters any.

Yeah? I've got news for you - it's not just HIS feathers that you're ruffling.

Your 'opinions' are in direct contradiction to the spirit of these forums, where we try to help new starts as much as possible. There's every chance that the OP thought the users of AppleInsider might be able to help him out interactively. You tend to get more from an interactive conversation than you would from a static webpage saying 'don't buy now - update soon' or trawling through pages of outdated conversations.

You don't have to hold his hand if you don't want to, but you also don't have to storm the thread with your opinions. If you don't have anything valuable to add, feel free to take your opinions and ostentatious vocabulary elsewhere (and that includes anybody with the same unhelpful attitude). Likewise, if you have a problem with numerous (often repetitive) Apple-related threads then I suggest that a forum such as this probably isn't the best place to frequent.

What kind of impression is that guy going to have of the users of AppleInsider?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    New MacBooks and MacBook Pros (and, perhaps, Minis) seem likely to be announced within the next one to four weeks based on the various rumors floating about.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

I don't think he'll have ANY impression. He obviously doesn't read what anyone says.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Yeah? I've got news for you - it's not just HIS feathers that you're ruffling.

Your 'opinions' are in direct contradiction to the spirit of these forums, where we try to help new starts as much as possible. There's every chance that the OP thought the users of AppleInsider might be able to help him out interactively. You tend to get more from an interactive conversation than you would from a static webpage saying 'don't buy now - update soon' or trawling through pages of outdated conversations.

You don't have to hold his hand if you don't want to, but you also don't have to storm the thread with your opinions. If you don't have anything valuable to add, feel free to take your opinions and ostentatious vocabulary elsewhere (and that includes anybody with the same unhelpful attitude). Likewise, if you have a problem with numerous (often repetitive) Apple-related threads then I suggest that a forum such as this probably isn't the best place to frequent.

well put.

Felix, general consensus states that new laptops should be just around the corner, by october if not sooner. However, general consensus has though updates were around the corner for a little while now, so take it with a grain of salt. Looking at Intel's website (or googling the info) on their new chips is a good way to gauge when new products will come out.