Last minute: iPod nano with sensor, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod shuffle

Comments

• Reply 101 of 144
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skottichan View Post

Actually, you can say that about any other iPod/iTunes event in the past. They've generally been design/content/price changes.

Not true.
  • Reply 102 of 144
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Steve said the new iPod Touch is thinner*… did anyone notice how Steve's hand looks in the picture holding the Nano / touch to show how thin it is, not good.

The stock is heading down, and WILL go down even more, if they don't do something special and do it soon

I haven't wanted to sell my stock, but I'm now re-thinking about it.

Skip
  • Reply 103 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Not true.

You are soooo adorable. Seriously, I have some fine cheeses for your whine, many of them are quite good.
  • Reply 104 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They released a lot of nice updates, but nothing I think is "event worthy". But I really should consider my stance if I'm as disenchanted as Teckstud.

I'm not disenchanted and I like what's there but it trivializes future events .
  • Reply 105 of 144
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

I found the interesting thing to be that they want to compete in the portable game player market with the Touch. That should give them some good range and opportunity.

Steve looked fine... that's what the event was really about. OK, maybe a little more Mr. Burns-ish, but healthy.

It did seem to focus on the Touch as a gaming unit and and Genius, both of which get you on the iTunes Store and get you tied more to the iTunes and iPod ecosystem. Smart move. As a gaming device, i think the D-pad system needs to be available before the US' Black Friday and there needs to be an update to the SDK, may a framework, that will move the on-screen D-pad or other controllers to an attached D-pad when it's attached.
  • Reply 106 of 144
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

There are exercises that would make that movement (think aerobics). Anyway the point is moot, it'll have an option to turn it off.

I'm sure Apple thought of this, aren't you?

Mountain biking is even worse, and no problems.
  • Reply 107 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The site is updated... and I'm finally going to get the touch. Adding the volume controls to the outside, speakers... no built-in GPS, but basically all the right moves.

I just wish they would write a driver for the Touch to support the Apple Remote. It makes me crazy that I have to pull my iTouch out of my pocket/bag to change volume (okay new one has buttons so I can at least control volume by feel - or to pause/skip the song. I mean I have to actually take it out, slide the lock bar and then control the song. I want my remote to work again dammit! There are things I like about the Touch but sometimes I really think about going back to my classic. Only problem is I now run the classic in my car which has an integrated iPod controller which does not work quite right with the touch but works perfect with the classic.

Common Apple - it's your own bloody accessory just make it work.
  • Reply 108 of 144
    Quote:

You are soooo adorable. Seriously, I have some fine cheeses for your whine, many of them are quite good.

I bet you do- all over your body parts.
  • Reply 109 of 144
    Am I the only one here that thinks that the new headphones are a big deal?

Or the fact that the iPod Touch and iPhone are now showing some real graphical and game play strength in an arena where Sony's PSP and Nintendo's DS thought they were the only competitors?

Event worthy? In my opinion moreso than the Democratic National and Republican National Conference put together. At least I'll be getting better headphones out of this mess.
  • Reply 110 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Steve said the new iPod Touch is thinner*? did anyone notice how Steve's hand looks in the picture holding the Nano / touch to show how thin it is, not good.

The stock is heading down, and WILL go down even more, if they don't do something special and do it soon

I haven't wanted to sell my stock, but I'm now re-thinking about it.

Skip

Yeah, the stock is heading down, which makes it a great buying opportunity.
  • Reply 111 of 144
    Quote:

And what are you? chopped liver?

I try to evaluate things. You don't. You just complain.

Sometimes I finds things to be good, sometimes bad. But everything thing with you is bad.

You're out in right field.

This event was for one purpose, as most everyone understands. While we were "hoping" to be surprised, we had no right to expect it.

These are all good, solid improvements.

Spectacular? Maybe not. But good enough to have people want them.
  • Reply 112 of 144
    The ipod page is still not updated!!!
  • Reply 113 of 144
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

He does have a point. The last couple years there has uy been a new HW product that waysn't considered an accessory. I like the new in-ear headphones. I'm not a fan of their cartilage rearranging ear buds. I also think the triple-click to go to the previous song is great as it was the first thing I tried on the iPhone after I realized that a double-click would go to the next song.

Quote:

I'm not disenchanted and I like what's there but it trivializes future events .

I chose that word because it's less harsh that cynical and negative.
  • Reply 114 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shintocam View Post

I just wish they would write a driver for the Touch to support the Apple Remote. It makes me crazy that I have to pull my iTouch out of my pocket/bag to change volume (okay new one has buttons so I can at least control volume by feel - or to pause/skip the song. I mean I have to actually take it out, slide the lock bar and then control the song. I want my remote to work again dammit! There are things I like about the Touch but sometimes I really think about going back to my classic. Only problem is I now run the classic in my car which has an integrated iPod controller which does not work quite right with the touch but works perfect with the classic.

Common Apple - it's your own bloody accessory just make it work.

Okay, you do know you don't have to unlock the Touch (or the iPhone) for basic music/volume navigation, right? Double tap the Home button, and you have access to volume, forward/back and play/pause. I'm to the point where I can do all these functions blind.
  • Reply 115 of 144
    Quote:

Okay, you do know you don't have to unlock the Touch (or the iPhone) for basic music/volume navigation, right? Double tap the Home button, and you have access to volume, forward/back and play/pause. I'm to the point where I can do all these functions blind.

No I did not. Many thanks, that will help somewhat. No tactile feedback for finding the volume bar or the pause button but I'm sure I can get used to that at least. Helps if I have it in my pocket but not in my bag.

Still I appreciate the info. Many thanks.
  • Reply 116 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They released a lot of nice updates, but nothing I think is "event worthy". But I really should consider my stance if I'm as disenchanted as Teckstud.

These kinds of events are to introduce products to the public. to get them interested before the biggest buying season of the year. Simply slipping the products out doesn't get people aware as having a press event does.

That's all this is about. The press knows it. They also know that quite a few people are interested. That's why they come.

While some people are looking to be excited by something "special" that's not the point at all. Some people WILL be excited by this, while some won't.

But this way many more people will be aware of the new, and updated products.

And that's all that matters.
  • Reply 117 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I try to evaluate things. You don't. You just complain.

Sometimes I finds things to be good, sometimes bad. But everything thing with you is bad.

You're out in right field.

This event was for one purpose, as most everyone understands. While we were "hoping" to be surprised, we had no right to expect it.

These are all good, solid improvements.

Spectacular? Maybe not. But good enough to have people want them.

You missed my whole point- therefore you're dismissed. You can't comprehend and just go on and on- like a windbag.

I like the new products- I'm not complaining about them. I'm wasting my time trying to explain something reasonable to you.
  • Reply 118 of 144
    Quote:

I bet you do- all over your body parts.

Awww, you went to accusations of me being a fat chick, how precious. I'm just saying that many of your posts are you complaining about this that or the other. I call you a whiner as most of your complaints border on the pedantic, and I'm not the only one who notices that either.

As for the cheese "all over your body parts" comment, I'm 6' tall and 144lbs. I'm far from fat my dear.
  • Reply 119 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

These kinds of events are to introduce products to the public. to get them interested before the biggest buying season of the year. Simply slipping the products out doesn't get people aware as having a press event does.

That's all this is about. The press knows it. They also know that quite a few people are interested. That's why they come.

While some people are looking to be excited by something "special" that's not the point at all. Some people WILL be excited by this, while some won't.

But this way many more people will be aware of the new, and updated products.

And that's all that matters.

Yawn and double yawn.
  • Reply 120 of 144
    Why all the negativity? I mean AI, along with all the other rumour sites worth their salt, pretty much had it in the bag before the event kicked off.

I mean if your wanting a surprise on Xmas morning, don't go peeking at your presents before they go under the tree.