Last minute: iPod nano with sensor, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod shuffle

Comments

• Reply 121 of 144
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    New Touch looks amazing- ordering one today.
  • Reply 122 of 144
    Hey I went on the Apple site - still says iTunes 7.7 on the download page but I hit the download button just for fun and my download info box says iTunes8.dmg (55.9MB) is downloading as I write this!!!!

• Reply 123 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Why all the negativity? I mean AI, along with all the other rumour sites worth their salt, pretty much had it in the bag before the event kicked off.

I mean if your wanting a surprise on Xmas morning, don't go peeking at your presents before they go under the tree.

Yes- but did we reallly need Steve Jobs looking like "The Nighmare before Christmas" for only this?
  • Reply 124 of 144
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

You missed my whole point- therefore you're dismissed. You can't comprehend and just go on and on- like a windbag.

I like the new products- I'm not complaining about them. I'm wasting my time trying to explain something reasonable to you.

Excuse me? You're talking about windbags?

You have no point, because you say the same thing about everything.
  • Reply 125 of 144
    Quote:

If you have to ask that question then you don't deserve an answer.

The question was rhetorical. You're hilarious.
  • Reply 126 of 144
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    The battery life of the new Touch has increased from 22 hours to 36 hours. That's quite impressive. I don't have so many stuffs to sync and only connect to my mac to charge it so this is a big + for me. However, it is actually thicker rather than thinner as the depth increases from 8 mm to 8.5 mm, though it is hardly noticeable. Given a lowered price, I will definitely get one even if BtS promo doesn't come to Europe.
  • Reply 127 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Excuse me? You're talking about windbags?

You have no point, because you say the same thing about everything.

Go read some of melgross's old post to see what he means.
  • Reply 128 of 144
    Quote:

Yawn and double yawn.

This is typical of most of your posts.

Useless, and worthless, as most people who comment on you agree.

You can't comment on points with any intelligence, so you just dismiss them.
  • Reply 129 of 144
    Quote:

Yes- but did we reallly need Steve Jobs looking like "The Nighmare before Christmas" for only this?

Well maybe he just wanted to kill the rumours of his death...although i must admit he looked in pretty poor health.
  • Reply 130 of 144
    Quote:

New Touch looks amazing- ordering one today.

If you're serious, that's the first positive thing I've ever read from you.
  • Reply 131 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shintocam View Post

Hey I went on the Apple site - still says iTunes 7.7 on the download page but I hit the download button just for fun and my download info box says iTunes8.dmg (55.9MB) is downloading as I write this!!!!

Up and going. iTunes8 needs a new QuickTime Version which I got via Software Update at the same time I was downloading iT8. Currently iT8 is creating thumbnails of all my Album Artwork. SWEET.
  • Reply 132 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post

The battery life of the new Touch has increased from 22 hours to 36 hours. That's quite impressive. I don't have so many stuffs to sync and only connect to my mac to charge it so this is a big + for me. However, it is actually thicker rather than thinner as the depth increases from 8 mm to 8.5 mm, though it is hardly noticeable. Given a lowered price, I will definitely get one even if BtS promo doesn't come to Europe.

Exactly. That's what I noticed. Also its a little lighter. Along with the improved styling and lower price, it definitely an nice little update.

It's funny that most people here seemed to be disappointed that the second coming didn't arrive, but who in their right mind was expecting something earth moving? You'll have to wait till January for that.

The other thing to take from this is that obviously this wasn't the "product transition" they talked about, so that bodes well for MacBooks (which I'm also in the market for in the next few months).
  • Reply 133 of 144
    My first impulse was to say I was disappointed. But on second thought, consider just how far we have inflated expectations.

If just two years ago somebody would have shown you an iPod Touch, you would have been blown away. If they told you it cost $229, you would have been blown away again. And you would have been blown away a third time if shown the App store and all the suff in it.

If you think about, it's incredible what Apple has built over the past 24 months, step by step. Pricing is not exciting, but when the rubber meets the road it really counts. This might not be a sexy step, but it was an important one.

Think about that.
  • Reply 134 of 144
    It isn't just hardware related.

While a few here might want to diss it, the fact that NBC with all of its programs is back, is also a big thing.

The fact that they, and others will also have HD shows to download is another big thing. Quite a few people have been complaining that there were no HD Tv shows.

The excuse that we couldn't watch movies in Hd on our computers was also attributed to HDCP not being implemented in the OS, or hardware. So this is interesting. If we can rent and watch HD movies from our computers at some point, that will be good as well.

I'd like to know more about the 2.1 update though. Jobs didn't mention any features, but that doesn't mean that they aren't there. He seemed to want to avoid talking about the phone.
  • Reply 135 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Go read some of melgross's old post to see what he means.

I will- next time I can't sleep.
  • Reply 136 of 144
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    What I was also expecting from this event before is that they expand their TV Shows and Movie rentals etc. to Europe. Steve said they were coming to Europe later this year, but it seems there is still a long time to go :S
  • Reply 137 of 144
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

These kinds of events are to introduce products to the public. to get them interested before the biggest buying season of the year. Simply slipping the products out doesn't get people aware as having a press event does.

That's all this is about. The press knows it. They also know that quite a few people are interested. That's why they come.

While some people are looking to be excited by something "special" that's not the point at all. Some people WILL be excited by this, while some won't.

But this way many more people will be aware of the new, and updated products.

And that's all that matters.

I agree. I always use the "rule of the mother-in-law" to evaluate something like this. These press events are not to blow the afficionados away, they are designed to generate press buzz.

So, to evaluate this event, Steve does not care what teckstud (or others like him) thinks. He cares if my mother-in-law asks me next week if my brother-in-law would want one for Christmas.

Some of us here are being rather egocentric when we say "why did they waste MY time?" Heeellooooooo. It is not about you
  • Reply 138 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I agree. I always use the "rule of the mother-in-law" to evaluate something like this. These press events are not to blow the afficionados away, they are designed to generate press buzz.

So, to evaluate this event, Steve does not care what teckstud (or others like him) thinks. He cares if my mother-in-law asks me next week if my brother-in-law would want one for Christmas.

Some of us here are being rather egocentric when we say "why did they waste MY time?" Heeellooooooo. It is not about you

I said it was "a waste of time"- can't you read? Obviously not and that's why you need an event - to spoon feed you the information. Learn to read.

This could have been a release from any other company with what we received today and they wouldn't call a press conference to upgrade their phones, portables- whatever.

If its not a major upgrade - just release it- no need for such hoopla.

And that's not saying I don't like what was released.
  • Reply 139 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post

What I was also expecting from this event before is that they expand their TV Shows and Movie rentals etc. to Europe. Steve said they were coming to Europe later this year, but it seems there is still a long time to go :S

At this rate they'll call an event for that as well.
  • Reply 140 of 144
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

I said it was "a waste of time"- can't you read? Obviously not and that's why you need an event - to spoon feed you the information. Learn to read.

A little quick on the trigger, there buddy.

The "learn to read" can go both ways. In my post, which you did qoute, I pointed out that the "event" that has your shorts in a bunch was not for you. It was not for me either. Neither of us needed this update spoon-fed to us if we are regulars on AI. In fact, anyone who has been reading the serious predictions and leaks of what was comming should have known that there were no major announcements expected. So, I turn it back to you, "Can't you read?"

No, this was for people who are not paying the least attention to Apple (like my mother-in-law). If you havent noticed, on Google/News there has been a headline every day for 3 or 4 days previewing this "event." And there is one now, covering it. Can you say free publicity. That is why they had an "event." This publicity would not have happend if they just put out a press release.

It simply had nothing to do with being worth your time. (You will say it was just a "waste of time" not of "your" time, but you speak for so few...)

Quote:

This could have been a release from any other company with what we received today and they wouldn't call a press conference to upgrade their phones, portables- whatever.

If its not a major upgrade - just release it- no need for such hoopla.

You have sooo missed the point. Hoopla may not please you, but it was exactly the point. Hoopla is free publicity. It is a good thing. It is what Apple wanted. I'm sorry if it bugs you.

Now, some could complain that too much hoopla for minor events and the world will stop caring. That could be a valid complaint or concern, but I see no one making it.

Quote:

And that's not saying I don't like what was released.

So buy one and quit yer yappin already...