No notebook announcement? Oh, now they're taking the ****

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Its practically mid-september and there hasn't even been a whisper from apple about new notebooks (macbook & macbook pro). The likes of HP have released new notebooks with centrino 2 cpu's and the works yet apple cant bring us a well overdue refresh of the macbook and also to a lesser extent, the macbook pro. Its so frustrating, I've been waiting to buy a new notebook for months and months.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dude patience... you and i know that new macs won't be introduce before the ipod touch deal ends (sept16)... i'm guessing they'll say something about it on the 23rd??? it's up for grabs
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rq42 View Post

Its practically mid-september and there hasn't even been a whisper from apple about new notebooks (macbook & macbook pro). The likes of HP have released new notebooks with centrino 2 cpu's and the works yet apple cant bring us a well overdue refresh of the macbook and also to a lesser extent, the macbook pro. Its so frustrating, I've been waiting to buy a new notebook for months and months.

October is the focus.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I know, I'm waiting to buy a MacBook too. I almost bought one on my birthday in mid-August but then I heard about new MacBooks. Now, I'm still waiting. If the old ones get cheaper at some point I'll probably take one of those because I like the white and abhor the aluminum silver look.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    September 16th = next Tuesday = day after ipod offer ends.

It's possible but it certainly won't be before then. They don't really need an event for new laptops.

It makes sense to wait until after the colleges are back to be honest because it means they have a good chance of clearing all their old stock.

I think it's far too late to leave a refresh until October but Apple do what they like when they like.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I am a total Newbie (hence the name) to the mac world. I have been a PC user for YEARS and even develop and work in the software industry for PC. however I am going to take the leap into the MAC world... mostly becuase they can also run vista so i really wont lose anything.

I have been looking at getting a macbook now forever but have been holding out for this "so called update" besides the multi touch the only thing that really intrigues me is a new video card in the macbooks, can anyone shed some light for me as to what that might be? anoher integrated one? if so maybe getting the back to school promotion is still ok for the free i pod touch... any info would be great. thanks guys.