Apple posts "Let's Rock" event QuickTime stream

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex3917 View Post

I've never seen Steve this unenthusiastic about a new product lineup. The words were coming out of his mouth, but it didn't really sound like he believed in what he was selling.

I don't think it's that. His energy is still low. To me, he still looks unhealthy. The close-ups of his hand holding the nano actually shocked me.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    My one word review: Skeletor
  • Reply 23 of 46
    ok, just as rumored, but we're still missing the biggest part viz. oppenheimer's "mystery product transition". anyone's got the skinny ? oh, do tell ...
  • Reply 24 of 46
    Btw, some further analysis on today's 'Let's Rock' event can be found here:

65 Million Reasons to be bullish on Apple

http://thenetworkgarden.com/weblog/2...lion-reas.html

Quick net out is:
    1. We focused on tactical execution, not just big picture

2. Apple is so dominant in music that number two is 'Others'

3. I'm healthy

Check out the full post if interested.

Mark
  • Reply 25 of 46
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    "I think you're really going to like the Genius spam-bar errrr.. sidebar."
  • Reply 26 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Thats cos he has not reinvented the wheel. He knows it, I know it, you know it. No point in overplaying the products, else you end up with a cry wolf situation.

I feel it was a great upgrade, all in all. And steve was as upbeat as was warranted.

I concur.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I don't think it's that. His energy is still low. To me, he still looks unhealthy. The close-ups of his hand holding the nano actually shocked me.

Don't look at his hands....obviously hes still thin. He was not going to buff up rambo style in 3 months thats just stupid.

Look at the face thats how you tell. He was definately healthier than he was at the last keynote.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

And his voice sounded slightly raspy to me- also not a good sign - too dry. Again it could be distortion in the Quicktime audio-\
  • Reply 29 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nonstopdesign View Post

My one word review: Skeletor

At least he dispelled rumours that he was the Crypt-Keeper.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Thats cos he has not reinvented the wheel. He knows it, I know it, you know it. No point in overplaying the products, else you end up with a cry wolf situation.

I feel it was a great upgrade, all in all. And steve was as upbeat as was warranted.

Therefore- no need for a presentation at all-which overplays what's offered and renders "cry wolf" for future products. Past iPod presentations will always be remembered for 1 great new item. What will this one be remembered for? The Genius SideBar?
  • Reply 31 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex3917 View Post

I've never seen Steve this unenthusiastic about a new product lineup. The words were coming out of his mouth, but it didn't really sound like he believed in what he was selling.

I seriously think he believed there was no need for a presentation and he only did it for the stockholders re: his health issues.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aps View Post

Does anyone know what the last song played (when people start leaving their seats) is ?

have you people thought of using shazam?
  • Reply 33 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I seriously think he believed there was no need for a presentation and he only did it for the stockholders re: his health issues.

Maybe with a lot of the HW changes, but the SW updates he clearly wanted to demonstrate.
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by federmoose View Post

have you people thought of using shazam?

Only when I need to get out of a tight situation.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Maybe with a lot of the HW changes, but the SW updates he clearly wanted to demonstrate.

Are you serious? Did you see the look on his face as he presented the "Genius"? Well I guess I did notice the $$ signs in his eyes at that point.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    I hope this isn't the "secret product transition " that was spoken of at the 2nd quarter conference call that was coming in " late September ".\
  • Reply 37 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drjjones View Post

I hope this isn't the "secret product transition " that was spoken of at the 2nd quarter conference call that was coming in " late September ".\

Based on the information that is available, it does look like the notebook like will finally be refreshed with new cases. Just my guess, love to hear others.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drjjones View Post

Did they really say late September?

Also, since when is Sept 9 considered "late September"?
  • Reply 39 of 46
    Was the secret product transition ever announced to be "late September?"

I thought it was just announced to happen before the end of the September quarter.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Did they really say late September?

Also, since when is Sept 9 considered "late September"?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rogue27 View Post

Was the secret product transition ever announced to be "late September?"

I thought it was just announced to happen before the end of the September quarter.

I didn't see a timeframe listed.
    "There is a secret "product transition" that will affect Apple's product margins and drop them to about 30 percent, but which CFO Peter Oppenheimer can't talk about today. Whether this applies to the Mac, iPod, or another category is unclear.

Regarding the mystery transition, Apple doesn't want to leave a margin so high that it creates an "umbrella" for competitors to rest under in terms of price; it often releases products at a high price but lowers their costs later.

These state-of-the-art products will have technologies and features that others "can't match," Oppenheimer says"
    Is there something new in one of these iPods that would make that much of a difference in price over the previous model?