Nice price drop on the touch..BUT STILL NO CAMERA!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I thought the BIG surprise today was going to be an ipod touch with a camera. Even after Jobs introduced the 3 touches without a camera, I thought he was going to come back after Jack Johnson sang and say "Oh...ONE more thing..." and then introduce the ipod touch version with a camera.

Wishful thinking.

If Jobs had done that, this event would have been note worthy.

As it is....pretty ho hum.

Minor updates. Nice price drop. But thats about it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Can the new Touch do Audio Recording?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

I thought the BIG surprise today was going to be an ipod touch with a camera. Even after Jobs introduced the 3 touches without a camera, I thought he was going to come back after Jack Johnson sang and say "Oh...ONE more thing..." and then introduce the ipod touch version with a camera.

Wishful thinking.

If Jobs had done that, this event would have been note worthy.

As it is....pretty ho hum.

Minor updates. Nice price drop. But thats about it.

I was hoping for a camera too... I guess we will have to wait until the 3rd generation of the iPod Touch...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    YES! Apparently the new ipod Touch CAN record AUDIO since it uses the same 4 pin audio in plug the iphone uses!

This is AWESOME because with the proper headphones now, you could theoretically use the iPod TOUCH with VOiP!!!!

How cool is that? :-)

I was bummed about the no camera....but this sort of makes up for it. We can't have everything i guess.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

YES! Apparently the new ipod Touch CAN record AUDIO since it uses the same 4 pin audio in plug the iphone uses!

Excellent. It's too bad the Touch didn't get Bluetooth (which would allow the use of a real keyboard) but audio recording is a good start. Maybe I'll pick one up!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Just thought of something.

If the iPod Touch runs a scaled down version of Mac OS X, is it possible to make a version of MacSpeech's Dictate to run on the Touch?

That would be amazingly cool.