Hey! It's the Bill and Jerry show,

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Awful. I can't believe haw bad that was.

What the hell did that have to do with windows?

Good luck MS. If that's the best ad campaign you can come up with just cancel it and save the money
  • Reply 2 of 17
    I'm shocked at how much George has aged! But, where were Kramer & Elaine?
  • Reply 3 of 17
    I did not know that Microsoft is now only selling bread sticks and shoes at shopping malls.

What a weird ad.

• Reply 4 of 17
    Didn't you know? The next windows update is going to be called Windows Conquistador and the visual interface is going to be called Churro. Widgets, menu bars and drop down menus will be brown (like the Zune) with shiny sugar sprinkle effects. It's going to be totally cool!

But it won't be chewy.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Wow, I have to agree. Terrible.

I liked the pacing and the quirk factor, but as an ad I just don't know where they are going. I guess they are hoping to stimulate interest in the ad series before they hit the hard sell but I dunno...

How could they leave us with the image of Bill adjusting his shorts and expect us to want more?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    I saw the ad last night watching the Giants game and all i said was "wow they're so f%*@ed". I was so confused when the ad was over. It had nothing to do with anything. You would think with a comedian like Jerry, it would have some kind of funny ending...This just goes to show that Microsoft AND Jerry are done! lol
  • Reply 7 of 17
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    It's two middle-aged white guys talking about shoes.

I guess they're trying to appeal to the white middle-age guy demographic then. It's a big market after all...
  • Reply 8 of 17
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I've seen worse but it isn't good. Kind of like the finale of the Seinfeld show. You just think why did they bother making it.

The point seems to be about a new system that makes computers soft and chewy. Perhaps a system that overheats your machine so much that it melts. That sure sounds like Windows.

Also, I don't know if they mean Vista or Windows 7. Vista is already out so what they said in the ad doesn't apply to Vista.

Windows 7 isn't out until 2010 so why advertise it now?

Sigh Microsoft is so stupid sometimes.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    absolutely NOTHING to do with Microsoft or windows! totally pointless!
  • Reply 10 of 17
    They need to get to the frickin' point of the ad, or kill the campaign now. I'm a big Seinfeld fan, but this was painful to watch.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Bill and Jerry .... part TWO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWPf1BWtkw
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Bill and Jerry .... part TWO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWPf1BWtkw

And the pain continues.

Is this really how Seinfeld wants to be remembered?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    That 2nd ad is incredibly awkward, and I almost can see the point of it... then it's gone.

Just awful.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    It's funnier than the first one at least. And Microsoft are telling us that they will get better along the road.

It's like vaporware for adverts: "We know it sucks now, but just wait for the next version - it'll be awesome!"
  • Reply 15 of 17
    These ads remind me of the first Infinity car ads.

Infinity had ads that showed a highway and other abstract images but never showed the damn car. Eventually the car debuted and everyone knew why they didn't show the car, it looked like shit compared to the Lexus which debuted at the same time.

Neither the ads nor the first infinity Q45 did well. Lexus went on to become one of the premier luxury car brands and Infinity is pretty much a wanna be.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

These ads remind me of the first Infinity car ads.

Infinity had ads that showed a highway and other abstract images but never showed the damn car. Eventually the car debuted and everyone knew why they didn't show the car, it looked like shit compared to the Lexus which debuted at the same time.

Now now, you're being judgmental!
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

... Neither the ads nor the first infinity Q45 did well. Lexus went on to become one of the premier luxury car brands and Infinity is pretty much a wanna be.

You could say that, or you could say that Infiniti's product placement attempted to be more sporty in contrast to Lexus's plush, and that no amount of marketing can dethrone BMW in that market segment.

Either way, point is made