Looking for a font...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
What a nightmare. Haven't been able to find a font that even matches this...

...though I know there was one on my system at work.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Come on.. you're the Art Man. You can surely create your own. It's likely that this font was custom made for the logo.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Come on.. you're the Art Man. You can surely create your own. It's likely that this font was custom made for the logo.

I know. I've done it before. In fact I have just started another alternative using the older Phillies logo design...

...that's not my design, that's the resource I'm using. I have to create certain letters from that...

There was another font that was very similar to the other logo. I had it on my system at work, but lost it(? this is a Windows system I have at work).

So I'll keep searching...\
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Not that this matters, and you don't even have to answer this, but I'm kinda curious...

What are you using it for?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Not that this matters, and you don't even have to answer this, but I'm kinda curious...

What are you using it for?

I have a friend who's starting a band and the name he wants is...

Pherilla.*

And he wants a logo to look like the Phillies logo, either the old school style or their new style.

* He says it means a couple of things; that it's another way of saying "For Real Yo" and it's origins come from his home state, Florida...

I never question my client's intentions sometimes...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    What's the most odd job you've ever taken on?

(As far as graphic design goes...)
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

I have a friend who's starting a band and the name he wants is...

Pherilla.*

And he wants a logo to look like the Phillies logo, either the old school style or their new style.

* He says it means a couple of things; that it's another way of saying "For Real Yo" and it's origins come from his home state, Florida...

I never question my client's intentions sometimes...

If all you need it for is the name, you could easily whip it up by hand in a few minutes?

I can't imagine they'd want the same font on the name and other materials as well...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

What's the most odd job you've ever taken on?

(As far as graphic design goes...)

Oh no, no. There was the t-shirts I did for a pit bull breeder.

The body painting gig a while back.

...and many others. 30 years now.

Also, he is one of my best friends, I'm doing it for nothing. I will get returns from it.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If all you need it for is the name, you could easily whip it up by hand in a few minutes?

I can't imagine they'd want the same font on the name and other materials as well...

Yeah, like I just posted, it's a free gig for a very good friend who will get other clients for me in the future.

So I wasn't like getting too deep into it, realized that the font I needed has disappeared and will go with the old school design instead.

Also, good talking to y'all without being "post monitored", how is the PoliticalOutsider Gulag anyway...?
  • Reply 9 of 9

I think it's a good start. Considering there is no actual font to work with. I want to keep it lo-tech so I'm going to vectorize it and save it into Illustrator. The border might come out too.