Petition started for iPhone auto-correction toggle

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
iPhone users have launched a new petition asking Apple chief executive Steve Jobs to build a preference into the next version of iPhone Software that will allow them to disable the handset's text auto-correction feature.

Hi Steve Jobs. We now updated to the new iPhone Firmware 2.1 and it definitely made things go much smoother! But we all still miss one feature: We?d like to be able to disable the annoying autocorrection! At the time it is really not Apple-like. Please let your developers make a simple switch button to turn autocorrection off (they propably will do that in 20 seconds, right?). Thank you very much!

The petition, which has received about 600 signatures, will remain online until September 30th. After that, organizers plan to send the signature log to Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rcfarcfa Posts: 1,124member
    I still have my iPhone on (jailbroken, unlocked) 1.1.4 software, but I can turn off autocorrection in the Settings application's General -> Keyboard section.

So was this removed from the 2.x software?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rcfa View Post

I still have my iPhone on (jailbroken, unlocked) 1.1.4 software, but I can turn off autocorrection in the Settings application's General -> Keyboard section.

So was this removed from the 2.x software?

I don't see it, I suppose so. It seems pretty silly to remove it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    enzosenzos Posts: 344member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I don't see it, I suppose so. It seems pretty silly to remove it.

Maybe you can turn it back on.. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...orrection.html

ENZ