Questions about Wifi and more...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey folks I am new here and plan to educate myself about my G4 867. I have owned this computer since it was new, but I have never really taken the time to fully utilize this machine to further my creative ventures. I'm also thinking it may be a good idea to do some internal hardware upgrades as well and speed this baby up if possible. Anyhow, this is all way over due so let's get started.

My first question is about Wifi.

Some of my neighbors have a laptop with wifi and they are able to pick up the internet from surrounding buisnesses and homes for free. Things are really tight for me right now, I just moved into a new place, then I got laid off from my job about two weeks later

(talk about bad timing). So I can't afford to make more bills for myself right now, but I do need internet really bad. So basically I'm looking to do the same thing as my neighbor if possible. IS THIS CONSIDERED STEALING?

What do I need do pick up Wifi, will an AIRPORT do the trick?

Will I need to change any internal settings to make it work?

As stated I have a Power Mac G4 867 tower.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME WITH MY WIFI QUESTION. I

KNOW I MAY SEEM LAME TO ASK SUCH SEEMINGLY SIMPLE QUESTIONS

BUT IF I KNEW THE ANSWER i WOULDN'T ASK.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

ANY ANSWER IS APPRECIATED.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You need a wireless base station like a Linksys wireless or an airport, and you need an airport card installed on your computer.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rick12322 View Post

You need a wireless base station like a Linksys wireless or an airport, and you need an airport card installed on your computer.

Thanks for the reply, I just saw it now. I got tired of waiting for the answer to come to me so I just called Apple and they said I should buy a Airport Extreme card. So I guess that's all I need, I don't think I'll need the airport extreme base station too, i forgot to ask.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    No problem, and good luck.