Steve Jobs appears at EU online store meeting, minus suit

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
In a relatively rare appearance outside of company events, Apple chief Steve Jobs has attended a European Union roundtable discussing the legal hurdles to pan-European online retailing.

The continent-wide governmental body didn't outline Jobs' particular reason for being at the event, though the question of online music stores is known to be one of the key issues; the European Commission has criticized both Apple and major labels such as EMI, which also attended the event, for unfair iTunes pricing that charges residents of some countries more for the same content.

All of the involved parties were asked to submit comments on an EU paper discussing the issues before October 15th, 2009.

Besides EU Commissioner Neelie Kroes, those at the roundtable included Rolling Stones lead singer Sir Mick Jagger and the heads of other major technology firms, including Alcatel-Lucent and eBay. However, it wasn't difficult to determine which one was Jobs -- he was the only one wearing a black mock turtleneck instead of a suit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Does Steve Jobs even OWN a suit?

If I were at his status, I'd dress anyway I damn want, too. I hate suits, and I feel manipulated every time I have to wear one. It's one of those symbols that I am not truly free. Another one is the alarm clock -- when I become free, I won't even own one!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    He has worn suits before, but the last time he did that in public I believe, was at a Macworld. Plus he had a beard. Kind of looked like John Lennon. I say he should dress comformtably wherever he goes. In that picture the man on the right isn't wearing a tie, so does having a jacket on make it a suit?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post

Does Steve Jobs even OWN a suit?

yes.

http://cultofmac.com/steve-jobs-weras-a-tie/1566
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Jobs used to be renowned for wearing very expensive Armani suits back in the 80's and early 90's.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Does he sleep in that thing, too?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HammerofTruth View Post

He has worn suits before, but the last time he did that in public I believe, was at a Macworld. Plus he had a beard. Kind of looked like John Lennon. I say he should dress comformtably wherever he goes. In that picture the man on the right isn't wearing a tie, so does having a jacket on make it a suit?

Correction, last time he wore a suit in public was Al Gore's Nobel Peace Prize award:

http://blog.joelesler.net/2007/12/st...-wore-tie.html
  • Reply 7 of 9
    It would be nice if you had more details on what this meeting was about. Instead we have a post that says a man known for wearing casual attire chooses to not wear a suit!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Haha, teh Steve just wanted to meet Mick.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    If I were a billionaire CEO, I wouldn't wear a suit, either.