Microsoft's 'I'm a PC' campaign created with Macs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Metadata found on Microsoft's creative copy used in its 'I'm a PC' ad reveals that the graphics were actually produced using Macs running Adobe Creative Suite 3. After the details were published on the Flickr photo sharing site, Microsoft scrambled to polish off the embarrassing details last night

Microsoft's new ad features contrasts a "stereotyped PC user" dressed up like John Hodgman in Apple's Get a Mac ads with a number of people who say, "I'm a PC" apparently to affirm that they run Windows.

However, not even Microsoft itself can wean itself off the Mac, as the metadata discovered by Flickr user LuisDS points out. Microsoft was not only using Macs but also Adobe's software in place of its own Expressions Studio, which the company bills as software that "takes your creative possibilities to a new level."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 193
    This is so priceless!
  • Reply 2 of 193
    Another slap in the face for CrapOSoft......
  • Reply 3 of 193
    priceless.....now, if only this is released on the news then that will be the most awkward news of the month
  • Reply 4 of 193
    Gotta love it.
  • Reply 5 of 193
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    But the accountants were using PCs.

Isn't that every major corporation? Macs in the creative departments and PC in accounting and finance.
  • Reply 6 of 193
    BWAHAHA

I love it...

- From a long-time mac lover who finally got his first mac this summer (and runs Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac...)
  • Reply 7 of 193
    I just checked the accuracy of the Inspector window in the Preview app

Yeah... It's damn accurate!

Microsoft=

Apple=
  • Reply 8 of 193
    So let me get this straight...

They couldn't come up with their own ideas for their software features - so they copied what's on Macs.

They couldn't come up with their own ideas for their an ad campaign to advertise said software, so they copied the ads for Macs.

They couldn't even use said software to create said ads for said campaign, so they used a Mac.

• Reply 9 of 193
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mark W View Post

So let me get this straight...

They couldn't come up with their own ideas for their software features - so they copied what's on Macs.

They couldn't come up with their own ideas for their an ad campaign to advertise said software, so they copied the ads for Macs.

They couldn't even use said software to create said ads for said campaign, so they used a Mac.

Yup.

Next question.
  • Reply 10 of 193
    I think I can see the next Apple commercial. PC sitting down in front of an iMac making his new "I'm a PC" commercial.
  • Reply 11 of 193
    That's gold, kaioslider, gold!
  • Reply 12 of 193
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaioslider View Post

I think I can see the next Apple commercial. PC sitting down in front of an iMac making his new "I'm a PC" commercial.

Heh! I like it...
  • Reply 13 of 193
    Priceless!
  • Reply 14 of 193
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Priceless!

I love the irony of this, an pro Windoze anti Mac campaign made on the platform they are trying to trash. Looks like Mirco$loth is just as crappy as we always knew
  • Reply 15 of 193
    Quote:

This would definitely be the best response from our beloved fruit company

...Someone; leak this idea to Apple´s Ad campaign team
  • Reply 16 of 193
    Quote:

• Reply 17 of 193
    ivladivlad Posts: 742member
    Ahahaahhahaaaaa
  • Reply 18 of 193
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Come on MSFT trolls. I know you are out there. Let's hear some spin.
  • Reply 19 of 193
    They just don't get it. And when you don't, you just don't.
  • Reply 20 of 193