imac aluminium sound/speaker questions

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
hi all,

i've been using my imac for a year now and i'm quite happy with it. i just couldn't find answers to the following questions, so i thought i'd give it a try here:

1. how can i make the built-in speakers work when at the same time external speakers are plugged in the headphones jack? i've got two speakers behind me and it'd just be great to build some sort of surround sound environment. are there any programs/system preference utilities for that?

2. is there an equalizer utility for the system sound, i.e. for outside itunes? i use srs iwow for itunes, but for sound from youtube etc it would be good to have something similiar!

thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clemo View Post

hi all,

i've been using my imac for a year now and i'm quite happy with it. i just couldn't find answers to the following questions, so i thought i'd give it a try here:

1. how can i make the built-in speakers work when at the same time external speakers are plugged in the headphones jack? i've got two speakers behind me and it'd just be great to build some sort of surround sound environment. are there any programs/system preference utilities for that?

2. is there an equalizer utility for the system sound, i.e. for outside itunes? i use srs iwow for itunes, but for sound from youtube etc it would be good to have something similiar!

thanks in advance for any help.

i think you can only have 1 speaker going on at a time but don't quote me on that.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clemo View Post

hi all,

1. how can i make the built-in speakers work when at the same time external speakers

I don't think that's possible. I've wanted that before myself. I think you're shit out of luck as Mr. Eastwood likes to say.