iTunes/Party Shuffle crossfader

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I wish iTunes would have the option to crossfade between songs in Party Shuffle at any point in the song. So, if I'm 3/4 of the way through one song and want to play the next, I press the skip button, and it cross fades to the next song automatically.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

I wish iTunes would have the option to crossfade between songs in Party Shuffle at any point in the song. So, if I'm 3/4 of the way through one song and want to play the next, I press the skip button, and it cross fades to the next song automatically.

What a great idea. That would be an excellent feature, and not that hard to implement, I wouldn't think.

Tell Apple! Let's all start clamoring for it!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    I just realized after reading the post this feature was missing. This is a very good idea. I think it shouldn't just be for Party Shuffle, but for all of iTunes (probably excepting the store and audiobooks and all that...). It would be nice, but might never happen. At least not for a while.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I would also sign that petition... fade would also be a nice feature to have when adjusting start and end times in iTunes.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Yeah that'd be nice for parties and stuff, they should add it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    There is a software available that does this, it is called itunes playlist changer,

it can fade between any songs in any playlist.

this is a description taken from the website:

Quote:

iTunes Playlist Changer is an application that will let you change, stop, pause or play a song without abruptly changing it. It will crossfade between any song in your library. It can be useful for mixing music or changing the music without everyone noticing. iTunes Playlist Changer is Universal Binaries.

that's the website:

http://spacesoftware.ifastnet.com

and that is the specific page about this software:

http://spacesoftware.ifastnet.com/softwares/itpc/
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Just found this. Copy paste it into "Script Editor" (searchlight your OSX 10.5 for it!) then 'run'. Now to figure out how to get it over the top of the 'next track' button on my imac keyboard...

set wait_before_revert to 12 as number

tell application "iTunes"

\t

\tif player state is playing then

\t\tset thetrack to current track

\t\tset orig_trackstop to (finish of thetrack)

\t\tset cur_tracktime to player position

\t\tset new_trackstop to cur_tracktime + (wait_before_revert - 1)

\t\tif new_trackstop is not greater than orig_trackstop then

\t\t\tset finish of thetrack to new_trackstop

\t\t\tstop

\t\t\tplay thetrack

\t\t\tset player position to cur_tracktime + 1

\t\t\tdelay wait_before_revert - 5

\t\t\tset finish of thetrack to orig_trackstop

\t\tend if

\telse

\t\tdisplay dialog "Can't fade, iTunes is " & player state & "."

\tend if

\t