WTF happened to GOOG today?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Google stock got hit big time today. The only major tech stock to take such a hit that I track.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

Google stock got hit big time today. The only major tech stock to take such a hit that I track.

I think with the world economy in the state that it's in, especially the US economy, a lot of stocks are falling in value as investors are uncertain about if and how the US is going to pull through or whether decline into recession is still to come. From what I have heard, a lot of US stocks have fallen, even Apple's stocks were re-predicted at a lower price from previous estimations
  • Reply 2 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

It was a computer malfunction in the NASDAQ. Any trades below $400 or above $425 in the last few minutes have already been voided.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keantan View Post

I think with the world economy in the state that it's in, especially the US economy, a lot of stocks are falling in value as investors are uncertain about if and how the US is going to pull through or whether decline into recession is still to come. From what I have heard, a lot of US stocks have fallen, even Apple's stocks were re-predicted at a lower price from previous estimations

AAPL was up

Amazon, Intel, IBM, AMD all up.

Google, hit with a missile. I hope it was just a "glitch" because it shocked me to death. I don't own GOOG but it was still hard to look at.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

AAPL was up

Amazon, Intel, IBM, AMD all up.

Google, hit with a missile. I hope it was just a "glitch" because it shocked me to death. I don't own GOOG but it was still hard to look at.

http://www.mercurynews.com/google/ci_10601746