Possible leak

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello,

First post here, but I figured I'd share this here since I saw it on another forum. Just to show the chain of where it came from, I saw it on MacRumors, and the person there stated he found it on http://www.elesson.com.cn/.

Dunno what you all think of it, but hopefully this is legit, and hopefully it's a good sign of things to come soon since I'm anxiously awaiting buying my first MBP.

-RS

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    robb01robb01 Posts: 148member
    What is It?

• Reply 2 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Looks like the ports are a similar to the current MacBook, with the magsafe just out of shot. The logo beside the smallest shot looks like a display logo though. Mini-DVI?

This suggests that this is either a 15" MacBook or a 13.3" MacBook with the keyboard shrunken slightly to give room for speakers. The latter would be brilliant.

A third option is that it is a 15" Pro, with the left ports like MacBook ports to allow a similar design to be used for cost saving purposes. On the 15" version, extra ports could be on the other side too.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    The keyboard imo is unlikely to be shrunken. We have to consider that Apple wouldn't even shrink the keyboard for the Macbook Air. So the likelihood is that that's a case for the 15" MBP. On saying that I prefer the ports on the left hand side like the macbook than the macbook pro. But it's so thin. Could this mean the removal of the superdrive?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robb01 View Post

What is It?

Probably fake. But if not, then it's a Macbook Pro with a new-style keyboard.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G_Warren View Post

Looks like the ports are a similar to the current MacBook, with the magsafe just out of shot. The logo beside the smallest shot looks like a display logo though. Mini-DVI?

Looks like the display symbol to me, too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keantan View Post

The keyboard imo is unlikely to be shrunken. We have to consider that Apple wouldn't even shrink the keyboard for the Macbook Air. So the likelihood is that that's a case for the 15" MBP. On saying that I prefer the ports on the left hand side like the macbook than the macbook pro. But it's so thin. Could this mean the removal of the superdrive?

Well, again assuming it's real, you'll notice that there is not a bottom, you can see the styrofoam through the keyboard/port holes suggesting that there would be a bottom put on it as well, possibly making it a bit thicker. Here's to hoping it's real because I'm really getting sick of waiting for these, if I weren't waiting on my college refund to buy one I'd probably be typing this on the current MBP