Next Generation iPhone survey

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
iPhone. At this point in time, what can't you say about this device. IMHO, it's a bigger deal than the PC. But that's beside the point. I have a question for the masses about the future design of the iPhone, and it's probably not something everyone's going to agree on.

First off let me say this, in time, I believe iPhone will get a higher res screen, faster hardware, more space for music and quite possibly have more than one model. However, it's the camera that makes me stop and think.

The iPhone has already replaced a whole slew of things in my life. My paper adress book, my old cell phone, any eminent need I had for a laptop, my remote for my iMac, addictinggames.com (haha), my old iPod, my check registry (BOA on iPhone). But that's not what I'm getting at. What I wanna know is, do you think camera phone will come far enough in the near future to replace regular digital cameras? I know for a few select models (that dedicate huge amounts of internal space) are very close to achieving this. Do you think phones will replace personal digital cameras? Or will it be like laptops and desktops where both exist for years and years. If high powered cameraphones become the trend, do you think it's one apple will follow? Or will they leave it out, like FM transmitters on iPods. I agree that professional grade cameras will probably always exist as a stand alone unit, but I want to know everyones thoughts for the consumer level. So, don't be shy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HyteProsector View Post

iPhone. At this point in time, what can't you say about this device. IMHO, it's a bigger deal than the PC. But that's beside the point. I have a question for the masses about the future design of the iPhone, and it's probably not something everyone's going to agree on....

The iPhone 3G is pretty damn good. But the next iPhone will definitely need to have a decent 3.0 megapixel camera.

As for digital cameras, we'll continue to see standalone digital cameras, that market/ need/ feel is still strong. Things will probably move more in a digital camera/video at 720p/ 1080p hybrid way, besides the digital SLRs holding strong as they become more affordable. Standalone digital cameras also are still needed if they can become more adaptive in low light, macro, difficult focus conditions.