RAGE PRO support coming...?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    HA!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    That's one way to get a company's attention.

I can understand why Apple doesn't want to support those old cards, but Apple backed themselves into that position with their rhetoric. You make promises, you keep them.

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: Amorph ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 10
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Oh please oh please oh please, Apple, give me full QuickTime optimization and OpenGL support for my graphics card and aging G3!

P.S. Yeah, I know I need to upgrade, and it's planned. Soon. But still, I'm keeping my old machine and I would like it to work as expected, to work as advertised. It's not so much to ask.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I wish Apple would officially support the 603 and 604 processors like they original claimed OSX would, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's hoping XPostFacto will eventually work properly on my 8600/250.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    This will be great if it happens soon. I have a heavily upgrade Beige w/a Radeon PCI. But, I bought my mom an iBook when they first came out. Now im afraid to put OSX on her Mac.

I will upgrade next Jan, but my mom likes her computer and doesn't want a new one.

Come on Apple, stick to you words!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I wouldn't expect much of a performance boost.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Isn't the real issue here credibility? I asked this in another post about another issue that Jobs is clearly backpedaling on. OS X was supposed to support certain hardware. This was announced to get owners of that hardware to go out and buy copies of the new OS and increase the install base. Then Apple turns around and says "Sorry, you're out of luck. Go buy a new machine." They get sued for bait and switch (which they should lose their shirt for), and then make a none committal statement that they might one day honor their word.

Now the Mac community is hoping Apple will keep its promises. (I don't think they have any intention of keeping them.) Why aren't you people DEMANDING that they honor their agreement. This is loyalty to a ridiculous extreme. Quit bowing down to Cupertino. Get off your knees, stand up like men (and women), and storm the castle. Till then, the Mac community has no right to talk about MS's shoddy business practices.

Sorry for the harsh tone. As one reader of an earlier post suggested, I have had way too much caffeine this morning. I just hate to see anyone get screwed by a big corporation. It just seems like too many Apple loyalists are too willing to bend over and take it. It doesn't matter if you own one of the affected G3 systems or not. This should be an outrage to every Mac citizen.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I think it's outrageous that 10.1 doesn't run on my 6100/60. Any excuses that software projects suffer "scope creep" over time are completely specious. Everything has gone precisely according to plan for Apple over the last five years, and OS X's development cycle should reflect that.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    pp Posts: 12member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>I wish Apple would officially support the 603 and 604 processors like they original claimed OSX would, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's hoping XPostFacto will eventually work properly on my 8600/250.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Noone ever claimed that OS X would support 603 or 604 processors, there was a lot of complaints about this back when it was announced.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    From ThinkSecret's report on the Apple Shareholders meeting.

<a href="http://www.thinksecret.com/features/shareholdersmeeting02.html"; target="_blank">http://www.thinksecret.com/features/shareholdersmeeting02.html</a>;

[quote]G3 graphics card support on OS X. Apple representatives said that this is not a marketing issue aimed at forcing users to buy new systems. Rather, they put it, it is a technical problem with regard to graphics cards being unable to support new technologies.<hr></blockquote>