OpenOffice.org 3.0 for Mac PPC?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know if this was released as a final version in English? The last non-final release I can find for PPC Macs in English was the rc4. Strangely, the OpenOffice website lists a v 3.0 in Swedish for download but not in any other language. It's also listed in German but that's really v 2.4.1.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Does anyone know if this was released as a final version in English? The last non-final release I can find for PPC Macs in English was the rc4. Strangely, the OpenOffice website lists a v 3.0 in Swedish for download but not in any other language. It's also listed in German but that's really v 2.4.1.

The English Intel version is up at their site now.

Direct link to DL

Has anyone played with the betas? Any thoughts on quality, usability, functionality? I will be downloading it tonight, if the servers haven't completely melted down by then.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

The English Intel version is up at their site now.

Direct link to DL

Has anyone played with the betas? Any thoughts on quality, usability, functionality? I will be downloading it tonight, if the servers haven't completely melted down by then.

Yes, the Mac Intel version has been there since the official release of v 3.0. However, I'm asking about the Mac PPC version which was available along with the Intel version right through 3.0 rc 4. Anyone know why there wasn't a 3.0 official release?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Yes, the Mac Intel version has been there since the official release of v 3.0. However, I'm asking about the Mac PPC version which was available along with the Intel version right through 3.0 rc 4. Anyone know why there wasn't a 3.0 official release?

Sorry, I need to practice reading before I write.

Strange, as I thought I had read that the 3.0 Beta and even RC was out for PPC and Intel.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Hi there-

I found the link for OO 3.0 for PPC

Here you go:

http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/...tall_en-GB.dmg

It seems to work fine so far. Good luck-

Quote: