Silent button fell off.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Okay, the silent button on ma iPhone 3G(16gb) just came off ! tried calling the Apple support (India), got an recorded message saying, "the call center is closed". Post which I called Vodafone, they have asked me to visit a Vodafone store, and that they would me out! Am still not sure if I would have to shell out cash, am keeping my fingers crossed! I really hope that I get ma iPhone replaced! Any idea if it comes under warranty?(mixed response). I also found an apple forum thread on the issue! Any once else got the same issues?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=8316671

OFFICIAL APPLE WORD ON IT?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    They'll sort you out, if they want to charge you in the Vodafone store; tell them to call Apple as the phone is really new and wasn't mishandled at all. This will be free, don't worry.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Apple are generally really good from my experience and would not want any bad publicity like "my switch fell off and they didn't cover it". iPhone challengers would go to town on such a claim. It's pretty unlikely that someone would or could use that switch in a way that is excessive or mistreatment. Apple would be obliged to prove that you did in order to disqualify you from a repair or replacement.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

They'll sort you out, if they want to charge you in the Vodafone store; tell them to call Apple as the phone is really new and wasn't mishandled at all. This will be free, don't worry.

• Reply 3 of 3
    kendokakendoka Posts: 110member
    I had the same problem, the shop sent my iPhone to Apple and they replaced it with a new one for free. No questions asked.