iPhone Legal in Egypt

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just bought an iphone in Europe and am planning to visit Egypt. Can I use my iphone in Egypt with roaming? I heard the GPS feature is illegal. I want to use my iphone during my stay in Egypt.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daliamelehy View Post

I just bought an iphone in Europe and am planning to visit Egypt. Can I use my iphone in Egypt with roaming? I heard the GPS feature is illegal. I want to use my iphone during my stay in Egypt.

I went to Egypt last month (September) and wasn't aware of any legal issues. However I did do a little bit of surfing which I now regret. I have been charged 180 British pounds fo 30MB of data! The GPS did work quite well and phone charges were expensive but expected - in short whatever you do don't surf the net via the mobile network.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leezooky View Post

I went to Egypt last month (September) and wasn't aware of any legal issues. However I did do a little bit of surfing which I now regret. I have been charged 180 British pounds fo 30MB of data! The GPS did work quite well and phone charges were expensive but expected - in short whatever you do don't surf the net via the mobile network.

Sorry, forgot to say that - yes, it was with my iPhone.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Yeah, watch out for Roaming Charges whilst Travelling OS. They'll sting you like a elephant sized bee!