iMac or Dell

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello Guys,

I own a small business and need to computerize. I am a long time Mac user, never windows.

Of course the software is Windows only. I really want to buy 2 new iMacs, install XP and use in Windows environment only.Am I looking for trouble? Should i just buy 2 Dells?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Hi taninman,

What is this software? Is it popular? Have you tried looking for a compatible version? Buying two Dells may be good on the short term, but I think long term-wise the two iMacs are definitely a better investment - if price is not the issue.

--

AppleKrazy.com - Your Ultimate source for Tips, Tricks, and Talks

d!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaSouljah13 View Post

Hi taninman,

What is this software? Is it popular? Have you tried looking for a compatible version? Buying two Dells may be good on the short term, but I think long term-wise the two iMacs are definitely a better investment - if price is not the issue.

--

AppleKrazy.com - Your Ultimate source for Tips, Tricks, and Talks

d!

Thanks for the reply. No Mac version. Will XP run as trouble free on iMac?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tanninman View Post

Hello Guys,

I own a small business and need to computerize. I am a long time Mac user, never windows.

Of course the software is Windows only. I really want to buy 2 new iMacs, install XP and use in Windows environment only.Am I looking for trouble? Should i just buy 2 Dells?

Thanks.

A client of mine is all Mac except for the accountant. He used QuickBooks under Windows XP on a ThinkPad. We had a hard drive failure and his new "PC" is an iMac, running Windows XP with Parallels.

Has been very smooth so far.

Had some issues with upgrade to XP SP3, but that was MS's fault not an Apple issue.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Honestly, if you want Windows only, I don't see why you'd buy a Mac. The Mac hardware is nice and all, but what makes them superior is the Operating System. So you could definitely get PCs much cheaper with more storage and memory.