Apple device sized between iPhone, MacBook detected online

Comments

• Reply 21 of 81
    Maybe it is safari support on Apple TV. While you couldn't use it well by itself, using an iPhone/iPod Touch as a touch/gesture remote would make a pretty cool web surfing experience at HD resolutions.

Probably just one of the many devices they have in their labs...
  • Reply 22 of 81
    Umm, sure it's not just somebody editing the browser string on their web browser and/or changing their Display system preferences to a funny resolution? I can switch my MBP to 640x480, 720x480 (stretched) and a whole lot more for example.
  • Reply 23 of 81
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    Here it is:

Next Apple moves will be Books and Games?

http://spidouz.wordpress.com/2008/09...ooks-and-games

WILL BLOW COMPETITORS AWAY!
  • Reply 24 of 81
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

My question is: Isn't it more likely that someone installed Mac OS X on an OQO or an Eee PC?

That would be my guess, too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by krispie View Post

Yes, the right way and the wrong way.

It seems like it's the ones whom are so adamant about spelling and grammar, that so often get it wrong.
    ?*Apple, Inc. = USA

? AppleInsider.com domain registration = USA

? Apple Insider writer country of residence = All USA (I think)

? Highest number of total English speakers = USA

? Highest number of 1st language as English speakers = USA

? Highest number of English speakers using the internet = USA

?*Michael Phelps = USA

So why would they write it in a British-ish manner.
  • Reply 25 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrparet View Post

Both variations are acceptable under the English language rules. The form "Jobs'" is more common in publication because it saves ink. "Jobs's" is more common for uptight English professors. In everyday writing, however, they are interchangeable.

At school in England, we were taught that both s' and s's are correct and neither is better. This is the reason that the first and shorter version is often preferred ... even by 'uptight English professors'.

It's more elegant.

This is Charles' opinion.
  • Reply 26 of 81
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    This whole thread is nonsense, so a computer in a lab at Apple with an unrecognizable name surfs the web. "You mean Apple is working on new stuff?" Yeah, they are a technology company, they tend to all do that.
  • Reply 27 of 81
    robb01robb01 Posts: 148member
    I cant wait to see what this is

• Reply 28 of 81
    iBrick

all clear plastic, looks like glass, see all the internal hardware

phone, 2 video cameras, iChat, all iPhone features, IPod priced

take it home, connects to TV, computers, range, lights, etc. (all at the time, of course)

PS, wife sez it better do the bank transfer every wednesday ON TIME.
  • Reply 29 of 81
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ensign Pulver View Post

Jobs's comments.

Why can't anybody get this right?

In my country, Jobs' is the correct way.
  • Reply 30 of 81
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

?*Apple, Inc. = USA

? AppleInsider.com domain registration = USA

? Apple Insider writer country of residence = All USA (I think)

? Highest number of total English speakers = USA

? Highest number of 1st language as English speakers = USA

? Highest number of English speakers using the internet = USA

?*Michael Phelps = USA

So why would they write it in a British-ish manner.

wow.

Perhaps you did not intend it, but this is a really stuck up offensive comment (and quite wrong also).

In fact, more people speak and write English, than speak or write the American variant (by simple numbers that is). The US is actually not that big of a place dont'cha know.

Even if your numbers were accurate, it's still pretty offensive to tell the folks that originated the language, that you know it better than them and that your spelling is "more better" (to use an American term).
  • Reply 31 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Virgil-TB2 View Post

wow.

Perhaps you did not intend it, but this is a really stuck up offensive comment (and quite wrong also).

In fact, more people speak and write English, than speak or write the American variant (by simple numbers that is). The US is actually not that big of a place dont'cha know.

Even if your numbers were accurate, it's still pretty offensive to tell the folks that originated the language, that you know it better than them and that your spelling is "more better" (to use an American term).

It wasn't meant to be offensive, but to show that so much of this site is US-centric, so why expect the grammar to be based on rules that are generally accepted in the UK? Both are acceptable, but in the US s' is much more common and considered standard. The only thing 'stuck up" I see is to expect a country that adopted a language to speak and write it the way you do as if the "original" is the only correct way, despite the fact that English has evolved from other languages, which include many, many loanwords. There is nothing pure about language, so you can't expect American English to follow standard British English rules.

here is a list of the number of English speakers on Wikipedia. For a better source you can check the CIA World Factbook.
  • Reply 32 of 81
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Sounds like it may be the Apple tablet.
  • Reply 33 of 81
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Steve bags the Netbook but not a bigger iPhone/Cocoa Touch product. Enhancing a simple device makes a lot more sense to me than making a complex one smaller. A clamshell tablet would do the job for me and could seize an emerging market segment without damaging notebook sales
  • Reply 34 of 81
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

I was going to say that too. It is probably one of these two since MSI Wind and M912x both have a screen resolution of 1024×600. I know a friend who bought the MSI Wind because he needed very small and cheap laptop with Mac OS for travel.
  • Reply 35 of 81
    I have no opinion as to whether this is indicative of any product plans or not, but I would love to see the iPhone/iPod Touch, perhaps with slightly smaller dot pitch or a slightly larger screen, able to display Standard-Definition TV at 640 x 480. That would be a huge milestone.

On the other subject, I was told in grade school (in the US, 40-50 years ago) that putting an extra s on the end of a possessive like that was completely illiterate. But--since everybody does it in speech, because it's unrecognizable as a possessive without it, isn't writing supposed to reflect language? Should we use different grammar in writing than in speech? I don't know...but I do know people need to relax a little bit on the subject.
  • Reply 36 of 81
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I was going to say that too. It is probably one of these two since MSI Wind and M912x both have a screen resolution of 1024×600. I know a friend who bought the MSI Wind because he needed very small and cheap laptop with Mac OS for travel.

Make that two people you know (even though I am virtual). I don't want to take a $2k mac with me when I backpack. The MSI Wind is perfect for travel from a cost ratio is lost/stolen, basic functionality, small size for packing in a 12" Ziplock freezer bag, and the ability to run OSx86 well.
  • Reply 37 of 81
    yup i have a friend running os x on a MSI Wind. I would have got one myself if the screen wasn't so shit - it has big pixels like a DS.
  • Reply 38 of 81
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhowarth View Post

Umm, sure it's not just somebody editing the browser string on their web browser and/or changing their Display system preferences to a funny resolution? I can switch my MBP to 640x480, 720x480 (stretched) and a whole lot more for example.

Exactly. Someone out there with bad eyesight is using their Mac at a low resolution and the whole web gets in a tizzy.
  • Reply 39 of 81
    Could be a military prototype. After Apple bought PA Semi and the late push of The USA Department of Defense to ensure Apple will continue to supply the military with the needed chips the link between both sides got stronger and showed a massive adoption of iPod Touch and iPhones by the military. Those devices are heavily used on the field since now have the ability to be used even as a translation tool and can be erased remotely.

Wont surprise me that they asked for something else to suit some needs they have. After all the comments that had military on the iPhone 3g guided tour video.
  • Reply 40 of 81
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    It's the Mini!

Somehow.