Cannot update to Safari 3.1.2

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I cannot get Safari to update from v3.0.4 to v3.1.2 on OS 10.5.5 and I have no idea why. I get the message that says I need 10.5.2 or newer but I'm already 10.5.5. I downloaded the update from apple and I have no clue, if anyone can help that would be awesome.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Safari 3.1.2 (5525.20.1) came with the 10.5.5 combo Updater and should have updated an older version of safari.

Does your safari reside in the HD/Applications folder?

One thing to try is download and run the 10.5.5 combo updater as it fixes more than the non combo updater.

Lets know what the error message is also it maybe something I have seen before and have a work around for.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yes, my apps are in the HD/App folder.

I had already run the combo updater (MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.dmg) and tried to update Safari (Safari312UpdLeo.dmg). I ran the updater again and tried the Safari updater again and I have the exact same results. My system says v10.5.5 and Safari says v3.0.4.

The error message says I cannot upgrade to Safari v3.1.2 because my system needs to be v10.5.2 or newer.

I keep a clean and tight machine, so I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    i just updated to v3.2 through the auto updater and it seems to have worked fine. never did figure out what the previous issue was though.