Looking for Mac encrypted database program

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for a Mac program that is encrypted that can be used to store data such as passwords, personal information, business information, and other information that needs to be secure.

I like Bento and just upgraded to Bento 2 but there is no password protection. I have a password to log onto my Mac but I know it's not 100% secure and I'm looking for security as high as 448 bit. A password vault type of program would be nice but I want something that has additional database features.

I have done a lot of work on Google but have not been able to find anything. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markw10 View Post

I am looking for a Mac program that is encrypted that can be used to store data such as passwords, personal information, business information, and other information that needs to be secure.

I like Bento and just upgraded to Bento 2 but there is no password protection. I have a password to log onto my Mac but I know it's not 100% secure and I'm looking for security as high as 448 bit. A password vault type of program would be nice but I want something that has additional database features.

I have done a lot of work on Google but have not been able to find anything. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Filemaker Pro, the big brother of Bento, will do all you want and then some.

www.filemaker.com
  • Reply 2 of 4
    markw10markw10 Posts: 356member
    Will FileMaker Pro offer encryption of the data though?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Turn on FileVault and keep using Bento?

I personally would create a disk image with encryption and set a password for it and store my data files in there.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Put the Bento Files in a folder protected by Espionage.

Less risky (and much faster) than FileVaulting your entire Home folder.