Peripheral Device Support:

-Expanded support for new Canon digital cameras

-Improved support for Nikon FireWire cameras

-Expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest, and LaCie disc recording devices

-Improved support for MO drives

Application Improvements:

-Increased stability of Mail and Sherlock

-Emails are properly retained when rebuilding the Draft mailbox

-Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display

Networking and Security Improvements:

-Improves networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers

-Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes

-Mail accounts go off-line to indicate that SSL encryption settings are not supported by the mail server

WebDAV Improvements:

-More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation

-Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort

-Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port

Asian Language Improvements:

-Significant updates to the Korean Input Method, especially important when using AppleWorks

-Internet Connect and Airport applications updated with Chinese and Korean localized content

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Again, I suppose no one cares unless CONFIRMED is in the title?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by unknown_source:

<strong>Again, I suppose no one cares unless CONFIRMED is in the title?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Um, could be that, or could be this information was posted on almost every rumor site more than a week ago...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>could be this information was posted on almost every rumor site more than a week ago...</strong><hr></blockquote>Bingo.

Get with the times, Mr. unknown_source.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    alexfalexf Posts: 1member
    [quote] Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display <hr></blockquote>

I hate to point this out, but Carbon apps can already get Quartz anti-aliased text - viz the folder list in Entourage X. It's just a major job for developers to change text engines from e.g. WASTE to ATSUI
  • Reply 5 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by alexf:

<strong>

I hate to point this out, but Carbon apps can already get Quartz anti-aliased text - viz the folder list in Entourage X. It's just a major job for developers to change text engines from e.g. WASTE to ATSUI</strong><hr></blockquote>

The point of that Apple implementing that is something you even said... "It's just a major job for developers" so this way Apple is making it easier