Nice new web browser: Cruz

thttht
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
It's not too often I do this, but I've finally found the web browser I was looking for: Cruz.app!

It's a Webkit based browser with multiple side-by-side views. You need at least a 1600 pixel wide screen, but for message board participation and research, it's pretty sweet. It's a version 0.1, but surprisingly stable and good so far. Still has some usability and design issues too, but I like it much much better than Google's Chrome effort.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Downloaded it earlier and will check it out more. So far it has been stable and fairly quick. I love that the Browser is still evolving.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    No link
  • Reply 3 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Not bad. Few issues though. Bookmark import from Safari doesn't exist. No cookie manager. Non-existent plugin library.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Saw this on my feed list last week. I'll give it a try today.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Wow! Side-by-side! I wish I had a monitor large enough, but my G4 is an early model from 2000 with a 17" connected CRT monitor.

Having said that, I have been using Firefox for quite some time now, and it is my web browser of preference. I never use Safari.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Anyone managed to make thumbnail preview to work? Here is an example apart the ones provided by the browser, but none seems to work.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Thumbnail works for me... although you have to go to one of the sites that is pre-designated in the preferences. You can add a wildcard though like: http://* which will make almost any site work.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    It is strange. Nothing works for me. I tried to quit and relaunch the browser, erase and insert again the thumbnail preference, still nothing.