Beauty in the Heavens!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Praise God This is Beautiful!!

A pair of interacting galaxies called Arp 147 was captured by Hubble's Wide Field Planetary Camera 2. One of the galaxies (left-most galaxy shown) is relatively undisturbed, apart from a smooth ring of starlight. The other galaxy (right-most in image) exhibits a clumpy, blue ring of intense star formation. Credit: NASA, ESA and M. Livio (STScI)."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...e-perfect.html

Please share your photos in the heavens that you love..

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mav5mav5 Posts: 36member
    Amazing. There are so many incredible things out there just waiting o be seen. Can you imagine what it would be like to be one of the technician working with the Hubble? I bet they get to see some amazing stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    This is my favorite:

Horsehead nebula

• Reply 3 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member

Lord. How beautiful.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member

A Witch by Starlight

Quote:

By starlight this eerie visage shines in the dark, a crooked profile evoking its popular name, the Witch Head Nebula. In fact, this entrancing telescopic portrait gives the impression the witch has fixed her gaze on Orion's bright supergiant star Rigel. Spanning over 50 light-years, the dusty cosmic cloud strongly reflects nearby Rigel's blue light, giving it the characteristic color of a reflection nebula. Cataloged as IC 2118, the Witch Head Nebula is about 1,000 light-years away. Of course, you might see a witch this scary tonight, but don't panic. Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

• Reply 5 of 9
    Eta Carinae Nebula

God's Birdie

LOL

Our Sun is sooooo HUGE!

Oops ...I guess not. I think we just solved our overpopulation problem.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

A source for a million desktop space pics.
  • Reply 7 of 9
  • Reply 8 of 9
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ...umm... nevermind...